Notices

2nd gen headlights

Old 07-29-2002, 08:32 AM
Mecheater

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd gen headlights

I have a '93 teg and was looking to change it up a bit. I've seen euroclear corners, but I think it would look odd with the stock headlights. I've been looking for euroclear headlights, but can't find any. The only headlight replacements I can find are the JDM one piece. Anybody know where I can get the euroclears or if they even make them for the 2nd gen teg's. I thought I have seen them before.

Thanks
Old 07-29-2002, 12:23 PM
eclipse spanker

Dude I was in the same boat as you......unfortunately...I've looked long and hard for other options for G2 headlights besides the 1 piece, and I have NEVER seen any euroclears for the G2 (hopefully someone out there knows if they exist)..the only other options you have for the G2 headlights, as far as I know, are replacing them with type r headlights......the job will damage your pockets unfortunately. The headlights themselves will cost you 400-600 dollars, and they actual placemant and reshaping of the front hood will cost another 400. If you do have the money though, G2s look kick-ass with type r headlights ! Go to G2IC.com to see some examples of G2s with type r lights.
Old 07-29-2002, 06:31 PM
red GS-R
shhhh...just be quiet.

what do you mean by 'type r'? honda type r? or do you mean a G2 to G3 conversion?
Old 07-30-2002, 08:31 AM
eclipse spanker

I mean the integra jdm G3 type r headlights
Old 07-30-2002, 09:34 AM
slickboy
ECHC junkee

Swapping to the g3 headlights on a g2 will probably require more fabrication that you realize. It has been done, and looks nice, but like I said. I don't know of too many shops that would be willing to do a full front end transformation like that. I would just go with the JDM 1 piece g2 headlights. If you get a good set that are clear, it is definately one of the best visual modifications that you can do for a g2 teg. Other than the JDM lights, there aren't many other options that are readily available and made specifically for a g2 teg. OBX Racing makes a headlight for them that supposedly has a black housing, much as the JDM CTR headlights are, that are made for a g2, but I've never seen these.

Below is a pic of g3 JDM ITR headlights retrofitted to a g2. Realize though that this would take a some custom fabricating on the hood, fenders, and bumper to make this fit, to what extent of customization I do not know, not to mention how they actually bolt into place because I believe that the mounting brackets are different. Anything can be done if you have the $$. OPTauto.com sells these (JDM g3) headlights in both a chrome housing and a black housing. I would personally lean towards the black housing ones, but that depends on the color of your g2.

hope this helps you some!
Old 07-30-2002, 12:26 PM
TheBlazer

K, i donno if this is what you are talking about, but these are some JDM Type R OBX headlights that are designed to fit the G2 without any modification. They look more euro than JDM to me, but I think they look good
Old 07-30-2002, 12:27 PM
TheBlazer

By the way, G3 Type R JDM lights on a G2 look sweet
Old 07-30-2002, 12:43 PM
slickboy
ECHC junkee

Originally posted by TheBlazer
K, i donno if this is what you are talking about, but these are some JDM Type R OBX headlights that are designed to fit the G2 without any modification. They look more euro than JDM to me, but I think they look good
These are those ones I was talking about before. They are simply a copy of the g2 JDM lights. They are just more clean and have a chrome housing. I think they look kinda cheesy are really cheap. The conrers look like crap IMO...you can even see the bulb socket. I think you'd be better off just getting the JDM 1 pieces. Go to www.g2ic.com to get a pair. There's been sets for sale as cheap as $175 shipped, incl. wiring harnesses and bulbs. You'll have to use stock USDM bulbs for this light from OBX. The JDM bulbs are known to be much brighter. Once again, just my $.02.
Old 07-30-2002, 08:39 PM
Mecheater

TheBlazer and Slickboy, that looks kind of like what I am looking for. Wish I could see a better picture or in person. Anybody know a company that sells them. I went to OBX's web site and I can't find who sells it so I can find out more on it or get a bigger more detailed picture.
Old 07-31-2002, 06:17 AM
eclipse spanker

Those one piece G2 headlights look real crappy (my opinion). I wish there where projection style headlights available for G2s ! Actually I am going to start a project with my G2 headlights to get look like projectors....I'll let you knwo how it goes......

Quick Reply: 2nd gen headlights