Notices

h22 swap...cost?

Old 01-13-2004, 05:10 AM
K43L1n

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i heard things break and parts get lost..it is not about the cost..because they are cheap..it is just about the crappy shipping and the fact that they don't care..u would got a deal if you lived around there..because they sell there engines cheap.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:13 AM
nujunglist

Originally posted by AccordSleeper
since you have a OBDII vehicle depending on your state laws it may be wise to stay with a OBDII H22. these motor would be USDM 96+ and would raise your costs.

i would be weary of osaka unless you can drive up to montreal and pick it up yourself.
My state laws would be the same as yours. I am in Merrimack, NH. Are you running an H22 in your ride?
Old 01-13-2004, 08:02 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Originally posted by nujunglist
My state laws would be the same as yours. I am in Merrimack, NH. Are you running an H22 in your ride?
yep

in that case i would drive up to montreal and pick up the best jdm 92-96 h22 you can find and do the OBDI conversion. preferable the newer the better since you have a 97. i have a 93 motor in my 95, though it runs very strong.

check out the link in my sig if you need a shop to do it.
Old 01-13-2004, 08:06 AM
nujunglist

Originally posted by AccordSleeper
yep

in that case i would drive up to montreal and pick up the best jdm 92-96 h22 you can find and do the OBDI conversion. preferable the newer the better since you have a 97. i have a 93 motor in my 95, though it runs very strong.
Did you do the work on your car yourself? If not, where did you go to get it done?

Edit: Nevermind...just saw the last line of your last post. I'll check your sig. Thanks.