Notices

ECUs and their worth

Old 07-29-2002, 04:32 AM
JackoliciousLeg
root

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ECUs and their worth

So, do you really think that ECUs are worth the money on GS-Rs? I know on some cars, they will make it HAULLLLLL. But, the GS-R may not be "some" car. I was looking at one that would make "a more aggressive power band." It will probly do that I think, but what about lowering VTEC... is that safe as well, and if all this is worth it, what brands should I be looking at?

PS, I just had my first ride in a nitrous powered car. It was a fast sentra se-r to begin with, but man o man. Gotta love the throttle... in a bottle that is
Old 07-29-2002, 07:32 AM
white lightnin

What exactly are you talking about. Many people have success w/ Apexi's V-afc. Lets you adjust fuel and vtec engagement.
Old 07-29-2002, 07:56 AM
Shingoblade-GSR
Hellsing Agency

Originally posted by white lightnin
What exactly are you talking about. Many people have success w/ Apexi's V-afc. Lets you adjust fuel and vtec engagement.
I think he's asking whether he should "chip" his car with an aftermarket ECU. My answer would be it's not worth it in the long run. For $200-300 comptech will reprogram your ECU and lower the vtec point/change timing map, but these are not specific to your particular car/application. If you're looking to make serious power in the long run, you're better off getting an Apexi V-afc and tuning your car on a dyno.

Shingo