Notices

Wtf! A/c Heater Blower

Old 12-18-2003, 09:31 AM
syndicate2323

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wtf! A/c Heater Blower

About 2 weeks ago I went to turn on my A/C and nothin was blowing out. Not even the heater was working. A few days later I tried it again and it was working. The following day it was dead again. :madfawk: It started to rain like hell yesterday and it didn't work again. You all know what happens when it rains and no A/C!!!! I had checked the fuses both under the hood and under the dash and still the same problem. Can anyone help me?? :rant:
Old 12-18-2003, 02:01 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Either your ventilation fan is on its way out or you have an issue in the wiring that is preventing it from turning on all the time.
Old 12-18-2003, 08:20 PM
rgbpmp

Could be your ignition switch. I had the same problem in my last car, (accord).

Maybe on one of the days that it is not working try to jiggle the key a little and see if it comes on, if it does then it is the ignition switch.
Old 12-21-2003, 06:29 PM
integboy97

yeah i had a wiring problem with my a/c which cuased me all kinds of $$$ but hey, its fixed and blowing out colder than ever:thumbup: good luck check your wires, ALL fuses and i think theres even an a/c relay located in front my your radiator:dunno:
Old 12-22-2003, 12:43 AM
Takumi Fujiwara

Does it not work on any of the settings? For example on 1, 2, 3, or 4? Mine recently doesn't blow anything unless it's on atleast 3.
Old 12-22-2003, 06:01 AM
Sam92teg

If it only works on 3 or 4 setting, it is probably your blower resister, sits on top of the blower housing and is an easy fix.
Old 12-30-2003, 05:02 AM
syndicate2323

It doesn't work on any settings. Not even if I want to just run the heater and no a/c. The fan just doesn't turn on at all sometimes. When it works, it works on all 4 settings. As for the ignition situation, shouldn't it work fine if all other electrical units are working properly? Maybe I just need a new blower!!! This sucks. :drunk:
Old 12-30-2003, 09:56 AM
XSrcing

Originally posted by syndicate2323
It doesn't work on any settings. Not even if I want to just run the heater and no a/c. The fan just doesn't turn on at all sometimes. When it works, it works on all 4 settings. As for the ignition situation, shouldn't it work fine if all other electrical units are working properly? Maybe I just need a new blower!!! This sucks. :drunk:
this may seem rather barbaric, but it can help us narrow down the problem. turn the blower on to the highest setting and sit in the passenger seat. if it isnt working, give the thing a kick.

if it starts working, your blower motor(mainly the brushes) is the culprit. if it doesn't, get out a multimeter.