Notices

horrible knocking sound

Old 12-16-2003, 11:48 PM
ragerized
dc4 ownerages

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default horrible knocking sound

i'm getting a knocking sound coming from the #4 cylinder. i checked the spark plug boot and there was brown stuff all on it. i'm thinking its that my valve is knocking with my piston. it was weird because, it started happening after i rotated my wheels. so, i originally thought it was something to do with the wheel weights or something of that nature, but then today i realised that this is what happen. how can i fix it, and what will happen if i drive too much on it?
Old 12-17-2003, 05:16 AM
Batouttahell
what did you dream?...

I'm getting a horrible clicking sound from around my STEERING WHEEL. It's weird because it started after I emptied the ashtray & cleared out all the empty beer bottles under the seat, and my radio broke. It used to be only when I took right turns on odd-numbered days, then I found out my turn signal was on.
Sorry,
:naughty:

So there was brown goo on the #4 plug boot (outside?)? And how did you figure it was the no.4 cyl that was knocking? Griott's garage catalog has a cool digital thermometer that you can point at things & display their temperatures. This could be used to determine which cylinder is misfiring, as well as be useful for many other things under the hood, or to see which brakes are being overheated or which are non-functioning.

Anyhow-
The Brown goo: Check in your coolant overflow bottle. If it's similarly funked up with the goo, then you've got yon blown headgasket. At least. Blowed h/g's can be internal, external, or a combo of the 2. I've driven cars with blown head gaskets for 1000's of miles. Ok to do, so long as you keep your coolant topped up. Also- coolant doesn't work very good as oil. It, like, "brown goo's" up.

... Or, it could be that one of your tire valve stem caps has fallen off.:naughty:
Old 12-17-2003, 01:43 PM
ragerized
dc4 ownerages

well, thanks for the sarcasm.
the brown goo isnt really goo. its more like crusty shit on my boot.

i've narrowed it down to either a spun rod bearing or maybe my crank is walking. ( i didnt know i owned a dsm :fawk: )

if this isnt an easy fix, i think im just going to buy a b20 block and mate it to my ls head.
Old 12-17-2003, 03:19 PM
SUPER LAUBO
KiMBO's Hubby

how'd you figure that?
Old 12-17-2003, 10:07 PM
ragerized
dc4 ownerages

intuition :dunno:

ill make a vid tomorrow of it.