Notices

intake manifold and clutch question

Old 12-14-2003, 10:06 AM
integsracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default intake manifold and clutch question

so i just got my ported and polished intake manifold intalled on my gsr. i took it for a test drive and it seems a little louder at high rpms. i cant tell if its faster or not though. my question is....when i get it up in the high rpms, the engine seems to vibrate more than it used to. is this normal with the new manifold or am i just thinking there is more vibration because its louder.

also, after a few ours of driving with my new manifold on, my clutch started feeling funny. does the intake manifold have anything to do with the clutch? or is it just a coincidence that its going out right after i installed the manifold. i cant tell whats wrong with the clutch. somtimes it feels normal, but somtimes it feels softer and it doesnt release back smoothly. and its hard to put into the gears. the clutch also grabs at different points somtimes. could this be a leak in the master cylinder? i flushed / bled my clutch fluid a few weeks ago with some dot3 brake fluid. i dont know if that is the cause.
oh yea, and when i start engaging the clutch, somtimes the car shakes a lot.
its weird because this only happens somtimes, and goes away.

sorry for such a long question.

-Jon