Notices

My VERY VERY VERY Bad Luck (THEFT)

Old 12-13-2003, 01:51 AM
LelandHendrix

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My VERY VERY VERY Bad Luck (THEFT)

My 2003 Accord Sedan was stolen from my driveway last night. Worst part is, they had stolen a key from my apartment (long story). I guess that's a small benefit though, considering there's no damage from forced entry.

They stole the car, drove the hell out of it for about an hour, then jumped a curb and hit a small tree. That's when the police found it and came to my house at 0130 to tell me.

I have the car back from the police now, and there is some damage. The aftermarket rims and tires are ruined on the passenger side, where it looks like they skidded sideways onto a curb. There is a loud roar from the rear when driving over 20mph, and for that the dealer is ordering a wheel bearing for the pass-rear position. I haven't found any other mechanical problems. Other than that, the front bumper cover is really scuffed and badly scraped underneath.

Can anyone suggest any other things I need to check before feeling comfortable with the car again?

Can I also hit up the insurance for detailing fee? I mean, I only have 7K on the car now, and it's lost a ton of value considering it's always going to have a record of being stolen AND wrecked.

Oh, and the little fools got my aftermarket GPS, brookstone heated massaging car seat, ionizer, and other assorted goodies to the tune of $1200 in property loss!
Old 12-13-2003, 03:04 AM
TommyATR

Ooh damn!! Sorry as hell for you... if they ever find them (not likley) beg the police for ten minutes alone with them and a baseball bat.
Old 12-13-2003, 03:20 AM
SumAccordGuy94
Older Honda Fanatic

maybe you'll make your keys a little harder to access from now on.

you should light it on fire, so you can get a whole new car... make it look like it was caused by the vandalism.
Old 12-13-2003, 06:10 AM
Klatu

:stupid:
Old 12-13-2003, 08:59 AM
DownLowAcc
Keepin it Simple

dam that sucks....you got a pic of it before it was raped and pillaged? I would just get it fixed and sell it. It feels wierd when your shiet gets broken into and f-ed around by someone else. Ya know what I'm talkin bout?
Old 12-13-2003, 10:10 AM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

Default Re: My VERY VERY VERY Bad Luck (THEFT)

Originally posted by LelandHendrix

Oh, and the little fools got my aftermarket GPS
report the GPS stolen and next time it's activated, they're completely fooked.
Old 12-13-2003, 10:36 AM
EliteAccord
Banned

There must be tons of finger prints inside. Don't clean it out yet.
Old 12-13-2003, 11:04 AM
vtecaccord01
Performance isn't $$$

Originally posted by EliteAccord
There must be tons of finger prints inside. Don't clean it out yet.

:thumbup:
Old 12-13-2003, 11:48 AM
xjdmb16a2six
JDM

was the key in the car wen it was found??? if not, then now you need new keys
Old 12-13-2003, 12:24 PM
K43L1n

holy crap dude..there is soo much you can do..i would want that thing back to perfect if that happened..for one... the key was stolen out of your apartment..so you have obviosly seen this guy..or he had got into your apt. another..unless they were wearing glooves..they sound to stupid to...there should be fingerprints all over..especially if you have the silver aluminum trim...also...if they took the GPS..they are probably gonig to sell it..they should be smart enough to do that..if they were really stupid they would use it...but whoever activates it back up..go to them...if it was sold to them...ask them who and what he looked like. report it...if it was the theft..then there you go... i would work and work until i got this all straight..and got the theif in jail. that really sucks man..good luck!