Notices

water on inside of windshield

Old 12-12-2003, 05:09 PM
moacsupreme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default water on inside of windshield

when i come out to my car after it has been sitting a while, there is all kinds of water on the inside of the windshield.....What is causing this. It just covers the whole thing, like it's been rained on. Any ideas??? BTW, I had a new windshield put in about 2 months ago. And there was some water issues on the interior, as far as being rained in. Thanks.
Old 12-12-2003, 07:17 PM
integraclownnu

Did you have this issue before the new windshield? If you did, do you have a moonroof? If not then the shop did not apply the urethane correctly on the windshield flange. On a day that the water WILL NOT freeze, take some of your interior apart to see better when you run a water hose on it. START FROM THE BOTTOM. You will be able to pinpoint the leak(s) this way. Don't stop after just one. There could be more. You could take the car back to the shop and risk the owner getting pissed and even in some secretive way that you would not be able to prove (As you can see I have had bad experiences taking cars back to shops because it wasn't fixed right) or you can purchase a tube of 3M Windo-Weld Fast Urethane to fix the leak yourself. You may want to get the applicator gun and some thinner to clean any excess. Hope this helps out.
Old 12-13-2003, 05:01 AM
moacsupreme

i may end up doing that, i know the guy that did it, so i shouldn't have that much trouble. I'm just wondering if from where there is water in the interior, like in the carpet....if it's not condensation, because it does it on the door glass too.
Old 12-13-2003, 09:21 AM
JGordon

Your car got rained in? I got some snow inside of my car once, after it melted I had about a week where I got condensation inside of my car every morning. It wasn't a lot of snow either. Do you have any noticeable wet spots in your interior? Take a hair dryer to them if you do. If you have any warm days, you might consider leaving the windows open and hoping that your car will dry out.
Old 12-13-2003, 09:35 AM
moacsupreme

yeah, i bought it for $200. It had been vandalized, front windshield and both door glass sides had been busted out, It had a tarp over it....but a little rain managed to get in.