Notices

What "bars" to get for 6th gen suspension???

Old 12-10-2003, 09:21 PM
polakatl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What "bars" to get for 6th gen suspension???

I need some help with my x-mas wish list. I would like to beef up my suspension, but I want my components to work well with each other and not throw me off balance.

I think a good setup would be an Ebay front upper strut and an ST rear sway bay.

Let me know what u think. I might get on the GB list if they have 6th gen bars.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:36 PM
slpycd7
H22 fo lyfe!

TL-S Sway Bars, and Neuspeed Upper Strut Bar
Old 12-10-2003, 09:38 PM
polakatl

TL-S > ST sway ? If u know of a good place for the neuspeed then let me know.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:39 PM
uclaccord

i think the rear upper strut did a ton more than the front...i think the front barely did anything and the rear was a huuuuge diff...and an aftermarket rear sway is supposed to help a lot more too
Old 12-10-2003, 09:41 PM
jschmid

Strut bar...TL-S. Less than $50, ties into both the firewall and the shock towers, OEM quality and fitment.

Sways, depends on how stiff you want to go. If you are only doing the rear, you may not want to get real stiff back there and get tail happy. I'd say if you get aftermarket sways, get front and rear. If you want just a bit stiffer in the rear to eliminate some understeer, the rear TL-S sway alone is safe.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:47 PM
polakatl

do u guys have the part numbers for the acura dealer? I think drift king posted some for the rear swaybar.
Old 12-10-2003, 09:57 PM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

Originally posted by jschmid
Strut bar...TL-S. Less than $50, ties into both the firewall and the shock towers, OEM quality and fitment.

Sways, depends on how stiff you want to go. If you are only doing the rear, you may not want to get real stiff back there and get tail happy. I'd say if you get aftermarket sways, get front and rear. If you want just a bit stiffer in the rear to eliminate some understeer, the rear TL-S sway alone is safe.
:werd:

For the front upper strut bar, the TL-S upper strut bar should be hard to beat :thumbup: Ask syclone he autocrossed with that, and liked it better than the Neuspeed

As for the rear sway, the TL-S rear sway is 19mm hollow, and the ST is also 19mm, but I don't know if it's hollow or solid. If it's solid than it would be better than the TL-S rear sway, but if it is hollow, I don't see why you would want to buy it over the TL-S rear sway. However, having too stiff of a rear sway with a stock front sway may be unsafe for public roads when you have so much oversteer...

Another option is the Eibach sway bar kit, but it costs well over $350...

How much into Auto-X are you?
Old 12-10-2003, 10:11 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

the comptech sway bar kit is on my wish list. front and back is $300. get a TL-S strut tower bar and you're set.
Old 12-10-2003, 10:27 PM
LX4CYL
Cone Basher

Originally posted by Eklypse39
the comptech sway bar kit is on my wish list
The Comptechs very good, and you'll get much closer to oversteer than the Eibachs because the front is hollow (Eibachs are sloid front+rear) :thumbup:

However, in my case, the custom made 450F/400R GC coilovers would put me closer to oversteer/neutral than a normal set of springs would, so the Eibachs along with adjustable rear sway endlinks will be enough for me to get the car to rotate the way I want...
Old 12-11-2003, 12:13 AM
azian21485

where'd you see comptech front and rear for 300?