Notices

Legnd Freikenstien Swap

Old 12-10-2003, 02:55 PM
Legend_master
Never fast enough member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Legnd Freikenstien Swap

Ok so I was wondering since the engine code for the NSX is c30a and the code for the Older legend was c27a could you swap a vtec head from a nsx motor to a legned motor. I know that the legnd in sohc (really dohc) and the nsx is Dohc cam (quad cam). But I am seriosly considering doing this to my legend if it is possible.

If you are planning on on flamming me just dont reply cuz i dont care.
Old 12-12-2003, 02:40 AM
Tirod

i believe its as possible as swaping the new s2k engine (F22C) head onto an accord sohc F22....

:no:
Old 12-12-2003, 09:05 AM
Legend_master
Never fast enough member

sounds about right:thumbup:
Old 12-19-2003, 07:37 PM
fastball
A little chin music

Location: Cleveland, Ohio - Rock 'n Roll capitol of the World

You will have ECU and wiring harness issues. Not to mention the most nasty torque steer if you do actually pull it off (290 hp to the front wheels with a standard Legend suspension setup is just asking to wrap it around a tree).
Old 01-04-2004, 10:44 PM
5spdLegend

This topic has been talked about on the Legend forum. The heads would make it too tall to fit under the hood. You're right about the engine codes. The first generation 87-90 offered the c25 and c27. The second generation offered the c30 in Type I and TypeII variations. However, I think the only similar parts on the Legend and NSX motor is the oil pan. Like fastball mentioned there will be wiring issues. The heads may not even bolt right onto the block. However there is a member on the Legend board that did take the block from a 3.5L RL and used his Legend heads. (disp = torque and the Legend heads are performaced tuned) Prior to this build he ran 12 secs. w/ nitrous. I don't think torque steer will be nasty because of the longitudinal placement of the engine. This is not a traditional FF. If you plan on doing a Frankenstein on a Legend motor look into taking the RL block and Type II heads. The Legend is not a DOHC, it is a true SOHC because on a V6 there are two heads...each head has only one cam.
Old 01-04-2004, 10:54 PM
Legend_master
Never fast enough member

Originally posted by 5spdLegend
This topic has been talked about on the Legend forum. The heads would make it too tall to fit under the hood. You're right about the engine codes. The first generation 87-90 offered the c25 and c27. The second generation offered the c30 in Type I and TypeII variations. However, I think the only similar parts on the Legend and NSX motor is the oil pan. Like fastball mentioned there will be wiring issues. The heads may not even bolt right onto the block. However there is a member on the Legend board that did take the block from a 3.5L RL and used his Legend heads. (disp = torque and the Legend heads are performaced tuned) Prior to this build he ran 12 secs. w/ nitrous. I don't think torque steer will be nasty because of the longitudinal placement of the engine. This is not a traditional FF. If you plan on doing a Frankenstein on a Legend motor look into taking the RL block and Type II heads. The Legend is not a DOHC, it is a true SOHC because on a V6 there are two heads...each head has only one cam.
Actually the newer legend have c32a because they are 3.2L. I did some reasearch on the two motors and found that the spark plugs plug inbetween the cams on head and on the legend they plug rite into the block next to the head.
Old 01-04-2004, 11:13 PM
5spdLegend

yea you right it's a c32, my typo
Old 01-04-2004, 11:21 PM
Legend_master
Never fast enough member

Originally posted by 5spdLegend
yea you right it's a c32, my typo

:thumbup: