Notices

temperatur gauge acting weird

Old 12-08-2003, 10:51 PM
accordman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default temperatur gauge problem, help

honda accord 95 ex 4 cyl. with 190,000 km
the temp gauge stays at the bottom even after the car has warmed up. when I turn on the car it i see the gauge moving but it stays at the bottom dash.
But everything seems to be fine, I did not feel any weird changes in the way the car performs. what could be the problem.
could it be electric? or could it be the termostat?
your help is highly appreciated, thank you
Old 12-10-2003, 10:45 PM
accordman

please someone
would anyone be able to help me
Old 12-11-2003, 09:16 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

If the engine is truly warming up, if your coolant is actually getting hot, then it looks like your gauge is just screwing up. If your thermostat is stuck open, then the coolant wouldn't get hot and the gauge would be correctly staying at the bottom.

The dashboard gauge uses a separate sensor than the ECM. On my cars both sensors are located on the housing where the upper radiator hose attaches to the head. The sensor for the ECM has 2 wires, the sensor for the gauge has 1. But certain years those sensors were located in different places, so I'm not sure about '95 Accord.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:09 AM
Bl@ck
Sinner

Default Re: temperatur gauge problem, help

Originally posted by accordman
honda accord 95 ex 4 cyl. with 190,000 km
the temp gauge stays at the bottom even after the car has warmed up. when I turn on the car it i see the gauge moving but it stays at the bottom dash.
But everything seems to be fine, I did not feel any weird changes in the way the car performs. what could be the problem.
could it be electric? or could it be the termostat?
your help is highly appreciated, thank you
mine does the same thing... if i sit in traffic long enough the temp guage will actually start to read something other than the bottom tick. no biggie. it's been like that for over a year now and she still runs just fine.