Notices

dc headers.. are they all different?

Old 12-08-2003, 01:54 PM
AccordCoup94

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dc headers.. are they all different?

hi. i am looking for a new set of dc headers since i scraped the hell out of the ones i have now. the downpipe is basically flat, so any performance gains i get from the larger diameter piping is lost. the weird thing is, ive been looking on ebay for the headers and they look different than the dc ones i have now. the downpipe has an extra flex pipe along with an o2 sensor hole. is this a new design? i remember when i installed my dc headers onto my car, it didnt include a flex pipe or o2sensor bung. i always hated that i had to keep this small piping from my factory exhaust for the o2sensor. does anyone know?
Old 12-08-2003, 03:58 PM
92lx

it didn't have a flex pipe or an o2 bung??? I guess if that was a really long time ago, but for as long as I've known....

- Nathan
Old 12-08-2003, 04:32 PM
96JdmAccord
Im So JDM

umm...I dident have a flex pipe either but I do have a O2 bung on my cat. Thats it.
Old 12-08-2003, 05:00 PM
polakatl

if u flattened out the pipe but don't have a leak than ur not loosing any performance. The inside diamater hasn't changed any and the outside doesn't matter as long as its still holding up. Now if u rubbed a hole into the header than I see ur concern. If its just flat than don't bother changing it.

EDIT: is it deformed in any way?? When u said flat I understood as the metal is rubbed down but not dented. If its dented than naturally its bad.
Old 12-09-2003, 12:27 AM
AccordCoup94

well.. i dont know if it is a flat dent or just rubbed down.i cant really tell. it looks ok to me i guess..i was just intrested because i want to remove that little pipe the goes onto the o2 sensor. its the only stock piece of my exhaust i have left. it located between the header and cat. 94 ex if that helps anyone. any suggestions?
Old 12-09-2003, 01:35 AM
aux
More Black on Black Crime

my stock header is pretty much flat h:
Old 12-09-2003, 06:06 AM
AccordSleeper
Former H22 Accord Owner

Default Re: dc headers.. are they all different?

Originally posted by AccordCoup94
hi. i am looking for a new set of dc headers since i scraped the hell out of the ones i have now. the downpipe is basically flat, so any performance gains i get from the larger diameter piping is lost. the weird thing is, ive been looking on ebay for the headers and they look different than the dc ones i have now. the downpipe has an extra flex pipe along with an o2 sensor hole. is this a new design? i remember when i installed my dc headers onto my car, it didnt include a flex pipe or o2sensor bung. i always hated that i had to keep this small piping from my factory exhaust for the o2sensor. does anyone know?
the one for your car is probably not the one pictured.
Old 12-09-2003, 09:34 AM
whoaitslen2
hermit

Originally posted by aux
my stock header is pretty much flat h:
:werd:
Old 12-09-2003, 11:04 AM
AccordCoup94

my header isnt stock... it replaced it with a dc sports one.
Old 12-09-2003, 11:58 AM
92lx

strange my 92's DC header had a flex pipe, I'd have assumed that the 94-97 models would have too...but my guess is that it's just not the one pictured.

- Nathan