Notices

APEXi N1 Exhaust

Old 12-07-2003, 12:30 AM
tokyoracer
got JDM milk???

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default APEXi N1 Exhaust

anyone on here running one of these on a coupe? anyone have an under the car view pics? please post... thanks. just want to make sure that the piping flange on the rear muffler section doesn't touch the gas tank or the sway bars...
Old 12-07-2003, 06:01 AM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Mine started hitting the gas tank but I just installed an exhaust hanger between the tank and the pipe.
Old 12-07-2003, 03:10 PM
tokyoracer
got JDM milk???

Originally posted by CivicSiRacer
Mine started hitting the gas tank but I just installed an exhaust hanger between the tank and the pipe.
the funny thing is... i did that too on my WS. but everytime after i run... when i come back into my garage... i smell burning rubber smell from the rubber hanger.
Old 12-07-2003, 05:06 PM
CivicSiRacer
Honorary Moderator Alumni

Originally posted by tokyoracer
the funny thing is... i did that too on my WS. but everytime after i run... when i come back into my garage... i smell burning rubber smell from the rubber hanger.
It goes away after awhile. OR you can get a higher temp hanger.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:30 AM
tokyoracer
got JDM milk???

cool thanks
Old 12-09-2003, 07:17 AM
ikarus

how is the APEXi N1's sound. I want something loud but not 2 loud but i want it to have a nice semi deep tone. I don't want anyuthing that sounds like a dirt bike motor is in my car. I also wanted to know how the power gains on the N1 are and are there any other exhuast systems that would better compensate my needs? h0LLa at ya boy!!!
Old 12-09-2003, 10:00 AM
Paulll
Hail Bent

Originally posted by ikarus
h0LLa at ya boy!!!
oh my lord.............

Greddy Evo for you gangsta fresh dogg
Old 12-09-2003, 04:11 PM
tokyoracer
got JDM milk???

Originally posted by ikarus
how is the APEXi N1's sound. I want something loud but not 2 loud but i want it to have a nice semi deep tone. I don't want anyuthing that sounds like a dirt bike motor is in my car. I also wanted to know how the power gains on the N1 are and are there any other exhuast systems that would better compensate my needs? h0LLa at ya boy!!!
if ur running SOHC Y8 engine... the greedy evo has a sweet sound... deep... but at the same time... if ur going up hill or just simply trying to floor it during 2nd gear... u will feel the car is not going anywhere.... till u hit pass 5K RPM then maybe u'll feel like the car is faster... other than that u'll feel that the back pressure flowing through it faster than super spicy korean food from last night turbocharging out the ass! sorry for the vivid image... very crazy at work now... and trying to take a break... sigh~
Old 12-10-2003, 12:12 PM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

hahaha....very true, but much difference up high, and if you're into it, it takes nothing to stay where the power is.
Old 12-10-2003, 04:25 PM
tokyoracer
got JDM milk???

Originally posted by XScarAudio
hahaha....very true, but much difference up high, and if you're into it, it takes nothing to stay where the power is.
werd. with greddy evo on a Y8 engine.. the car felt alive after 4800rpm. with the apexi ws i have now on my y8 engine... it feel alive when it's at 4500rpm. on a short ram and i floor it.. then it' around 4800rpm. other than that... the rest is just a can of bumble bees humming.