Notices

Neuspeed 4-point Front strut brace review

Old 12-06-2003, 05:14 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Neuspeed 4-point Front strut brace review

w00t.... so I just installed this bad boy, and it was worth it!

Install went fairly easily.... Kinda... The UCA bolts were a bit of a pain to get out, so I let some liquid wrench on them for about 15~20 minutes until I could go out and buy a new 6-point 17mm socket... Came back, removed my old stock GS-R strut bar, and unbolted the four UCA bolts in the engine bay. I then set down the Neuspeed bar to look at it's fit... It took some working to get all 4 points down on the UCA bolts without pushing them down through the sheet metal... I was careful so I didn't have to experience the frustration of trying to push the bolts back up into the engine bay... placed the new and super nice locking 19mm nuts that came with the kit back on, and torqued those ****ers down... I checked afterward with a torque wrench, and I put them all down to at least 45 ft/lbs... probably too much, but I'll call up Neuspeed on Monday and find out from them...

Took the car out for a spin on a 4 lane road near my house... it's a road that's almost solely used to transport children to an elementary and jr. high, so on a Saturday it was nice and empty... As I went down the road I... my god... why's the proper spelling of this word escaping me? The word to swerve from left to right avoiding a center marker... They do it skiing in the Olympics... fawk it... I did that going 45 mph between every 3rd reflector in the southbound lanes, and on the way back, 35 between every other reflector on the northbound lanes...

My butt tells me that the front end is a LOT more stable in high-speed maneuvers, and I didn't notice a significant increase in understeer, so I'm very happy I got it...

In conclusion: A+++++++++++++ WILL DO BUSINESS AGAIN!

***EditL after some research, I found out you should torque the bolts down to 33 ft/lbs.... still nice and tight though!
Old 12-08-2003, 05:44 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

slolom i dont know if i spelled it right either...
Old 12-08-2003, 09:00 PM
JGordon

slAlom.

Nice review.:thumbup:
Old 12-08-2003, 10:07 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Upcoming reviews on a short shifter bushing install and Comptech rear sway/tie bar combo, pending I get them and install them :thumbup:

I should start posting stupid little how-tos based on my experience as a still new home mechanic who's still learning with the help of my manuals...

Flushed my clutch fluid today (mmm... tasty, and got rid of some shifting notchiness I was experiencing), and tomorrow will be power steering... anyone want some pointers on these simple little procedures?
Old 12-08-2003, 10:50 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

had mine for a little less than 3 years and I love it! You'll LOVE the shifter bushings, a world of difference can be felt. And you know how i feel about the Comptech bar.
Old 12-08-2003, 11:05 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Originally posted by LT6916
had mine for a little less than 3 years and I love it! You'll LOVE the shifter bushings, a world of difference can be felt. And you know how i feel about the Comptech bar.
GAWD DAMMIT MAN... why do I keep buying the EXACT SAME MODS AS YOU!

That engine bay looks identical to mine, except I have a blue AEM intake... oh, and a B18C1 :db:
Old 12-09-2003, 08:30 AM
Creep

I have that bar too, its great.
Old 12-09-2003, 09:34 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

Originally posted by Epoch
That engine bay looks identical to mine, except I have a blue AEM intake... oh, and a B18C1 :db:
this is sitting in my garage, going in this winter break :db:
Old 12-09-2003, 09:49 AM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Originally posted by LT6916
this is sitting in my garage, going in this winter break :db:

AAAAh Sweet jebus! h:

:lmao: Lemme guess... Dunlop Sport 5000s?

Relatively clean looking block too, but wassup with those individually grounded sparkplug wires? :eh:
Old 12-09-2003, 02:49 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

it was pulled out of some 20-year old's wrecked GSR. He put them on and i just kept them on.

I don't have the SP5000s....YET! :exnbp: