Notices

Should the OEM body kit be a perfect color match to the car??

Old 12-05-2003, 04:09 PM
sstearns2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should the OEM body kit be a perfect color match to the car??

Hello,

I have a 2000 GS-R with the OEM body kit. The car is dark metallic green (color code G95P). The body kit is a different shade. It's seems bluer. I've seen other integras that seem to match the color of the body kit. Should the body kit perfectly match the car color? I know these kits were delivered to the dealerships painted so it's not just a poor color match.

I got in a minor accident over the summer and the front end of the car including the front piece of the body kit was refinished in the G95P shade of green match the car. Now the side and rear parts of the body kit don't match the front part or the rest of the car. It's subtle, but obvious to me.

I filed a complaint with Acura Customer Service and they just called to tell me that my car came with the correct parts and the color mismatch is what Acura intended.

Thanks,

Scott
Old 12-05-2003, 04:20 PM
aphex
driftin'

Yeah... if the color codes match.. then it should be the same color. Someone must have used an off-base or slightly wrong color or something. I'd get my $ back
Old 12-05-2003, 04:35 PM
sstearns2

Thanks for the reply. Acura Customer service is telling me that Acura intended the colors not to match. The car has the factory body kit, painted at the factory and shipped to the dealer.

Scott
Old 12-05-2003, 05:18 PM
HYBRID

Originally posted by sstearns2
Thanks for the reply. Acura Customer service is telling me that Acura intended the colors not to match. The car has the factory body kit, painted at the factory and shipped to the dealer.

Scott
they are telling you bullshit its just that there was another green, color code G82P, which had a BLUE pearl finish so at certain angles it looks as if the color is dark dark blue hence your kit has that hue.
Old 12-05-2003, 09:25 PM
sstearns2

OK thanks. So, does anyone out there have an OEM body kit that is G95P dark metallic green??? Or better yet a part number for it?? If I can find one then I have them.

I think they're full of it too.

Thanks,

Scott
Old 12-06-2003, 12:21 PM
HYBRID

Originally posted by sstearns2
OK thanks. So, does anyone out there have an OEM body kit that is G95P dark metallic green??? Or better yet a part number for it?? If I can find one then I have them.

I think they're full of it too.

Thanks,

Scott
pretty hard to find one and when you do it cost a pretty penny.
Old 12-06-2003, 02:28 PM
sstearns2

But, I'm not trying to buy one, I just want to find out if Acura made one. If I can find someone who has a body kit in my car's shade of green (G95P), then Acura's claim doesn't hold water.

I could have the remaining 3 pieces of the body kit repainted for about $300 by the same shop that refinished the front end. They matched the color and metal flake perfectly. I just think Acura should pay for it. They insist that the G82P colored body kit should go on the G95P colored car whereas I think the color codes should match.

Scott
Old 12-06-2003, 03:02 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

Well, tell em that you find it very hard to believe that the kit would intentionally be painted with a different paint code when it is sold on a car. I dunno how much luck you will have in getting Acura to pay for it though.
Old 12-06-2003, 03:14 PM
sstearns2

Yes, I'm going to write a letter to the president of Honda USA saying just that, but it would be a big help if I could point to a G95P integra with a G95P body kit attached.

Scott