Notices

please help me out easy headlight question

Old 12-04-2003, 09:19 PM
Amirked

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default please help me out easy headlight question

okay - i had condesation in the drivers side headlight (both high and low beams) i know i need to take out the whole assembly but to do so do i need to remove the entire front bumper? I know i need to re-seal it too so if anyone who has done this before can tell me what you used and how successful it was i'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks (95 ls)
Old 12-04-2003, 09:55 PM
93HybridCX
Beast from the East

I had a 97 ls with condensation in one light. You have to take the front bumper off in order to get the headlight out. Check for cracks in the headlight housing (mine had a crack in the housing). I used some stuff thats called "weld it" that I got from Advance auto thats made to repair/seal plastic. Hope this helps
Old 12-05-2003, 03:59 AM
Batouttahell
what did you dream?...

You can 1st try a hair dryer to blow warm air from under the hood to dry it. Check to see if the really small hole in the bottom is clogged as well.
g/l
-w-
Old 12-05-2003, 05:09 AM
kfar09

hey, i have a drivers side headlight (96) that is in good condition. only a very tiny crack in the plastic but when you mount it, it will be hidden. doesn't effect anything. insurance j/ wanted to replace it b/c it was "damaged". no condensation or anything. let me know.

i haven't ever had condensation in my headlights
Old 12-05-2003, 09:54 AM
Amirked

thanks for the replies. . i might take you up on that headlight offer if this doesn't work . .i'm either going to rip it apart today or in 2 weeks after finals .. i'd rather get a bulb in there quickly that works so its not probable cause .. not that i have anything to hide i just hate getting pulled over. i'll let you know how it goes
Old 12-05-2003, 11:34 AM
kfar09

thats cool. just dont be afraid to break it because you always have one waiting for you! haha good luck with it
Old 01-04-2004, 10:25 AM
forzracer

The headlights can be removed without takeing the bumper off,(i've done it before) but you need to be dubble jointed and very presistent but it saves a lot of work. The hair dryer trick worked well to remove the condensation, and to reseal it PVC cemnet workes well. It dosent glue it it melts the plastics and fuses them together. Just make sure to use a sparing amount and keep the glue off the lenses it will not wipe off.
Old 01-04-2004, 10:48 AM
teg_fan
I like integra's

To get condensation out of my G2's tail lights, I took the housing and just the housing, and put it in a pot of almost boiling water. This melted the glue so that I could take the lense off of the housing, then I dried out the inside, and re-sealed everything. Keep in mind that no bulbs, wiring harnesses, or gaskets were with the housing when I did this.
Old 01-04-2004, 02:00 PM
intgrboy

Originally posted by teg_fan
To get condensation out of my G2's tail lights, I took the housing and just the housing, and put it in a pot of almost boiling water. This melted the glue so that I could take the lense off of the housing, then I dried out the inside, and re-sealed everything. Keep in mind that no bulbs, wiring harnesses, or gaskets were with the housing when I did this.
I hope you took out the orange peice while you were going through the hassle of taking it apart. (assuming they are 92-93 tails)