Notices

My driverside lock doesnt work anymore on my 99 accord...

Old 12-04-2003, 05:31 PM
99accordEX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My driverside lock doesnt work anymore on my 99 accord...

I always use my factory keyless entry for my 99 accord. Well last night when I tried it, it did not unlock or lock my driver side door, but appears my passenger one works. So I got inside, and tried using the interior locks, and still nothing with the driver side door. Is the motor burnt out most likely on the driver side door, or is there something little I can look for? Is the motor a DIY type of thing, or should the dealer take care of it and how much do the motors go for. Sorry for all the questions, just cant be w/o my keyless entry! hehe Thanks.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:55 PM
MrChad
THE RED 6th GEN Coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It can be a DIY the motor or door relay just plug in.
But you will need to trouble shoot what part is not working first.
You could swap part from the passenger door until you find what's not working or get a service manual from www.helminc.com it will show you how to trouble shoot the issue.
Then go online to any number of parts dealers with the part no. you get from the dealer and buy what ever motor or relay you need. Figure a good afternoon in trouble shooting the issue and onther evening installing the new parts. It may just be an unplugged connection if you are lucky.