Notices

difference between "pressed on"/bolted rotors

Old 12-04-2003, 03:57 PM
A_D
Reset?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default difference between "pressed on"/bolted rotors

well apparently the 97 accords have "pressed on" rotors or so says the people at the tire place. i was gonna talk to a guy i work with and maybe have him do my rotors (i'm gonna just buy some new ones stock off ebay for 20-25 bucks. i dont want cross drilled THAT bad) and i was just curious how these pressed on rotors come off/get put on.

can you beleive the guys down at the shop wanted to charge me 70 bucks PER rotor? thats un ****in beleivable. plus labor. **** that. anyway, thanks
Old 12-04-2003, 04:34 PM
vassil3427

Ok, I believe pressed on means the rotor is pressed onto the wheel bearing, and they are charging you $70+ probably because the bearings have to be replaced when you replace the rotors..Some have said just shove some grease on those babies and repress them...However I believe that is a poor choice because what is some dirt gets inside with the grease? Your bearings will probably wear out very quickly...

My opinion, have it done correctly dont have a chop job done by having the bearings pressed back together.....Just let them put new bearings on...
Old 12-04-2003, 07:52 PM
uclaccord

shouldn't be that exp...cost 90 for my install for the front...got rear brembo blanks if u want em...are u sure it's per rotor...that sounds like a pair...a lil bit exp pair
Old 12-04-2003, 08:19 PM
Jack the Ripper
Banned

Not getting into this again. do a search in this forum for info. thanks.