Notices

Exhaust Resonators...

Old 12-04-2003, 05:07 AM
carta79
Life after death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust Resonators...

Do they make any aftermarket resonators for the 98-02 Accord or any Accord? I took mine off the car and now I don't like the sound of the exhaust. The mechanic threw it away. :sad:
Old 12-04-2003, 06:06 AM
jschmid

Most aftermarket resonators will be of the long thin tube type. I have one on my exhaust, no complaints. I guess if you want to get a stock replacement I bet you could find one used pretty cheap. Might have to buy the whole exhaust though, depending on the place.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:50 AM
guaynabo89

You can get a glas pack that they usually sell in local autoparts stores for like 30 bucks.(cherrybomb) You can weld that into your exhaust. You can ge better ones with a perforated core but will run you 60 plus dollars.

Oh and you guys have almost the same sigs. I was like wtf why is this guy answering his owm post.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:26 AM
carta79
Life after death

Originally posted by guaynabo89
Oh and you guys have almost the same sigs. I was like wtf why is this guy answering his owm post.
:chuckles:

Jschmids car looks tight with those rims. I liked his tail lights and ended up getting a set as well. Now our cars look a little similar. Hope he doesn't mind.
By the way guaynabo89 any ideas where I can get a good resonator with the perforated core that your talking about.
It's either that or I was thinking of getting a magnaflow catback for Christmas.
Old 12-04-2003, 01:05 PM
uclaccord

how will these alter the sound...i wanna make mine's quieter...i also heard u can install silencers in the piping...i thought silencers go in the tip *shrugs*
Old 12-04-2003, 03:05 PM
jschmid

Originally posted by carta79
I liked his tail lights and ended up getting a set as well. Now our cars look a little similar. Hope he doesn't mind.
Not at all, I wasn't the first guy with them. Friends don't let friends have pink tail lights.

ucla: The resonator should decrease the volume, and they generally make the exhaust note deeper.
Old 12-04-2003, 07:53 PM
uclaccord

any suggestions for good resonators then...how much should be expected for cost of resonator and install
Old 12-04-2003, 08:20 PM
guaynabo89

Originally posted by jschmid
Friends don't let friends have pink tail lights.

:rofl: :rofl:

Hey now I'm still working on gettnig rid of the pink tailight thing.

As far as resonators look for ones with a perforated core. They do not hamper exhaust flow and generally take more of the rasp out. The other kind is the one with the louvered core(cherrybomb)

If you look down the center of these you will see alot of raised bumps through the inside as compared to just wholes in the sidewalls with the perforated core.

Cheapest to get one put in with the resonator would be around 80 bucks. Try looking up some magnaflow ones they're pretty good but will run you like 120+ installed.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:00 PM
hype8912
Dr. Klaw

The exhaust shop here local priced everything for 40 bucks. Check around at your local exhaust shops. I didn't have the resonator put on when I had my tanabe put on, but thats the price they gave me.
Old 12-04-2003, 09:37 PM
VRGNCD5
cause it's tight!

Originally posted by carta79
I was thinking of getting a magnaflow catback for Christmas.
excellent choice. I have one and it's dope. I wasted my money going w/Hayame at first

Originally posted by guaynabo89
Cheapest to get one put in with the resonator would be around 80 bucks. Try looking up some magnaflow ones they're pretty good but will run you like 120+ installed.
I got a 18" glasspack for $50 installed. Went back the next week and got a MagnaFlow resonator(turbo muffler) added also for $50 installed.