Notices

short shift install question

Old 12-03-2003, 09:45 PM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default short shift install question

So I got the right short shifter now... and I'm thinking of trying to install it. yea yea, I'm a n00b.

This page. says that it's a good time to install "shift stabilizers". Is that the same thing as when other people say "bushings"?

If so, are these decent ones? $22
Old 12-03-2003, 10:01 PM
NIXONride
surfer

Yuh those are decent ones i think... My shifter came with those Prothane. I enjoy it... Also i tryed using that site and if your unfamiliar with your shift linkage under the car it might be hard to know wtf your doing when installing the shifter and bushings..lol also wait till you get those bushings before installing shifter. Your going to take out the linkage rod completely out and replace the old bushings with new ones. It's kind of hard putting the bushings on with the rod outside your car but impossible (for me) to jam them on underneath the car. just IMO. It's really easy taking the rod off though and i had a thread couple days ago about me installing mine. I'd check it out...i took pics of what was my only real main problem but i fixed it with a friend to help and vise grip...
Old 12-03-2003, 10:06 PM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

I did read that thread, was helpful.

Mine didn't come with any, so I guess I should order some.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:19 PM
NIXONride
surfer

May seem weird but my local shop (guy has a NICE integra) took out my integra bushings from SS kit and put in 84-87 civic ones...thats why it may have been harder to jam them on except i give 100% trust in him if he thinks that they give better performance then the normal ones made for integra. He said he has it on his car too....so there's some information...
Old 12-04-2003, 07:28 AM
clickwir
Floppy Death! noES!!!

Good info. :thumbup:

Anyone have any other suggestions for good bushing kit?