Notices

Need Help... Oil leak.... let me know what you think...

Old 12-03-2003, 08:22 PM
honda1998civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help... Oil leak.... let me know what you think...

hi,
ok... my gf went was on my drive way and backed up and went over a huge curb.. it hit two times really hard.. i looked under car and didnt see anything leaking.. so i said its good... then she was driving out of town about 70 mph and then her oil light came on... then it came off.. then it stood on... so she drove like 7 more miles than as she was turning her car shutoff before she tried to throw it into 2nd gear... then she turned it on while her uncle came to look at car with her... oil light came off.. then she drove into a parking lot.... then it came on... her uncle looked under the car and there was oil everywhere.... what could this be from? maybe the pan? dunno.... he checked oil dipstick and it was good... then they went just in case to get some oil and oil light came on again after it had came off... then it came off again so she tried to drive home... as she was driving it started knocking... so she pulled over... the car was pulled home...Please any suggesions or opinions are well apreciated... thanks
Old 12-03-2003, 09:59 PM
93HybridCX
Beast from the East

:eek3: you better start looking for a motor if the oil light was on and it started knocking.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:11 PM
supermac88
not OG but Old School

you're screwed swap time hommie
Old 12-03-2003, 10:36 PM
cobbcustomz

:wavey: old Motor

:wavey: new motor

definately not good if there was oil everywhere underneith the car.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:45 PM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

there is probably a hole in the pan,...or she ripped it off to where it isnt sealed properly
Old 12-04-2003, 11:08 AM
honda1998civic

what is rod bearing? the Mechanic said that this is wrong with it. where is the rod bearing? can some one brief me on this?
Old 12-04-2003, 12:29 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry dude, but that's got to be the stupidest thing I've ever read. Why would you drive your car for another foot if your oil light is on?

I can do nothing but sit here and shake my head. They should have people take a driving test along with an idiot test because, after all, that light is also referred to as the idiot light.

Not trying to flame, but dam... :uhhok:

Originally posted by honda1998civic
what is rod bearing? the Mechanic said that this is wrong with it. where is the rod bearing? can some one brief me on this?

this is a rod bearing. It goes between your rod and your crank shaft so that oil can get between these two parts to lubricate them and also so that if one wears out, you don't have to completely replace the rod or the crank (depending on how jacked something is).
Old 12-05-2003, 02:29 PM
SRT_Andy

How the hell drives their car after you KNOW that it has oil all over the place and the OIL LIGHT has came on?? Geez man, are people born with ANY common sense these days?? WTF?!?
Old 12-05-2003, 03:34 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

don't drive over curbs? :dunno:

oh wait, don't let women drive! :chuckles:
Old 12-05-2003, 10:38 PM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

I changed mine after my oil light came on for the first time (it only did it on hard left turns).

If she messed up the rod bearing by hitting a curb then she needs to get her drivers license revoked. Until you said that was the problem, I thought you'd just need a new oil pan, maybe just a new plug bolt.