Notices

Factory Keyless Entry

Old 12-03-2003, 10:30 AM
detroitpoop
Occasional visitor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Keyless Entry

Hello again, same poster, different problem...

Since I bought my 98 EX used a few months ago, the keyfob has acted up and I've patiently endured it. The issue is, it is unreliable when I try to lock/unlock doors. It's as if the remote's battery is low or dead (I wonder if this actually could be the issue).

The funny thing is, the trunk release NEVER FAILS to work! In fact, I have found that if the car doesn't respond to pressing "unlock doors", I can toggle "open trunk" (trunk opens), then press "unlock doors" again and !VOILA! (doors unlock).

So, do you suppose this is a low battery issue? Or maybe the receiving end, in the car, has a problem? By the way, this is not an actuator problem, the power lock buttons inside the car have never failed.
Old 12-03-2003, 10:54 AM
illusion

you can pick up extra fobs on ebay fro $5-$10, they are real easy to program. Have you at least tried changing the battery?
Old 12-03-2003, 09:06 PM
2kAccord

Search ebay, i wish i did before shelling out to buy one from honda. They charged me $110 for 1 remote plus $30 to program it. I should have just bought an aftermarket alarm....:ugh: