Notices

Looking for early/mid 90's Integra

Old 12-03-2003, 09:35 AM
Tom T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for early/mid 90's Integra

Looking for a used Honda or Acura for my younger daugher who is turning 17 this month.

I have always like the Integra & it's one of our choices. I am looking for an affordable one in the < $5K range. Most years I am looking at are between 1994-96 cause of my price point.

Anything I should know about these specific years? She needs an automatic and also prefers a coupe.

We live in northern NJ in case you guys have one for sale or know of someone please let me know & post a reply.

thanks everyone.... Tom
Old 12-03-2003, 10:26 AM
BonzoAPD

I would look for an LS, RS or SE in those years. These all came with autmatic as an option. They all had 140hp. They are good cars and are reliable. Good luck in your search for one :thumbup:
Old 12-03-2003, 02:39 PM
Tom T

Default LS or RS vs Base

thanks for the reply Bonzo..

most of the ads I've seen are either LS or RS's. I assume the LS stands for Luxury-Sport and therefore has more std. eqipment than the base model or the RS. Is the RS supposedly sportier and have other differences?

thanks....
Old 12-03-2003, 02:47 PM
HYBRID

rs doent have moonroof, abs, and power door locks i believe. i have a 96 coupe for sale LS 66,000 miles but it's five speed. Im in california
Old 12-03-2003, 03:50 PM
ragerized
dc4 ownerages

what a great car youre looking for. i just bought my first integra about a month ago and im in love with it. it gets great gas mileage, pretty zippy, excellent handling, and its luxorious. i bought a 95 integra ls for $5,500. it was a damn good deal though. anyway, why not just teach her how to drive a 5 speed? it isn't too hard. i learned in about 6 hours and now i won't even touch an auto.
Old 12-03-2003, 06:56 PM
customxtreme1

i have an 95 integra Gsr...the only problem it a 5-speed..170 hp fully loaded..cd player...blk with blk leather..car is bone stock(all factory part)mileage is 166,xxx but well maintain...asking 4500.00
let me know if you interested..ohh yeah i lived in Boston MA.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:29 PM
Tom T

thanks for the offers on the 5-speeds. We are not dead set against it, but my preference is for her to learn to drive an autom. first & then a manual can be next.

I personally own a manual '02 BMW & a '79 Vette so I hear you guys... I love shifting & down-shifting.

Also, the cars need to be within a short drive, I would never, and I mean never, buy a car I don't see in person, personally drive myself and put it on a lift with a mechanic underneath it. Unfortunately, or fortunately I am way too picky.

Old 12-03-2003, 07:42 PM
customxtreme1

well if you interested i can come down there cuz i have family in pa..let me know thanks jimmy
Old 12-04-2003, 07:30 AM
Tom T

thanks customx.... but I'll pass

Unfortunately your car has too many miles on it for what I'm looking for. I have put an unofficial cap of 110K miles, unless something blows me away.
Old 12-04-2003, 10:16 AM
Batouttahell
what did you dream?...

Do you know how hard it is to find a nice coupe that's also an automatic? With a stick, she'll always be able to have a back-up way of starting the car(bump start), should the integra come up with a dead battery somewhere. The starter motor on a stick car can also be used as an emergency way to get the car out of the roadway, should the car become disabled. Or, whacked scenario #3: Boyfriend of said daughter has medical emergency (knocked himself out?) at the State Park. She has to drive. What, can't drive his car (which is a 5 spd)??

Here are a couple possible creampuffs to consider. How long will she own the efficient, reliable, durable, well-balanced Integra? It's worth taking a little road trip to get a nice one.

http://autotrader.com/findacar/vdeta...r=&cardist=995

and:

http://autotrader.com/findacar/vdeta...=&cardist=1004

Other low-miles cars are also at autotrader.com

Happy hunting,
-W-