Notices

scraping

Old 12-02-2003, 11:15 PM
93accord4door
upgraded to 97 ;]

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default scraping

ok i just got a coilover set for my car...and i love the drop the rid, everything...but i was wondering...how much damage am i actually doing to my car if i go on a speed bump and it scrapes, its not loud and horrible, very slight, but i notice it...is there something that i am damaging that could be harmful in the near/far future? also it only scrapes in the front...
Old 12-02-2003, 11:49 PM
b12uceHuy
Jizz Maste12

Of course scrapping is never good. What ever is scrapping will get thinner and thinner then have a hole in it. i think its your downpipe from your exhast manifold.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:23 AM
Nightshade
un-Touch'd krew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Usually the only component to scrape is your catalytic convertor...I have yet to hit my header pipe.
Old 12-03-2003, 05:44 AM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

I scrape my whole damn exhaust sometimes
Old 12-03-2003, 06:37 AM
polakatl

Default Re: scraping

Originally posted by 93accord4door
ok i just got a coilover set for my car...and i love the drop the rid, everything...but i was wondering...how much damage am i actually doing to my car if i go on a speed bump and it scrapes, its not loud and horrible, very slight, but i notice it...is there something that i am damaging that could be harmful in the near/far future? also it only scrapes in the front...
If that is how low u are in ur sig than DAMN!!! U also need a camber kit. That rear looks bad even from this pic!! Next time u jack up ur car check for scratch marks to locate the part that is getting hit. If it is the cat maybe u can take off that heat/protective shield thats around it. I don't know how important that shield is so make sure if u do take it off.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:09 AM
carta79
Life after death

Default Re: Re: scraping

Originally posted by polakatl
If that is how low u are in ur sig than DAMN!!!
I'm pretty sure that's not how low his car is. I think I remember a post of his in the past. He had 17' inch chrome rims with a quite a bit of wheel gap if I remember correctly.

As far as the scraping goes lift the coilovers a little or just be careful how you drive. Take speed bumps on a angle as compared to taking it head on. Depending on how low of a drop you have the exhaust downpipe could get damaged. I think someone stated that already.
Old 12-03-2003, 07:36 AM
polakatl

yea ur right. That drop in the sig is not even drivable. The side skirt is almost touching the ground.
Old 12-03-2003, 11:10 AM
uclaccord

i've always wondered...if thas not his car...who's is it?...cuz thas about as slammed as u can get...o...and why would scraping be anything other than bad?...does it sound like metal scraping or something else (i.e. ur lip)
Old 12-03-2003, 12:53 PM
MeiSoSlow
WEEEEE!!!!!

Scraping usually entails under carriage damage or even header damage. How damaged it get depends on how you go over those bumps.. If ur car is as low as the sig, dun even think about going over the bumps unless you want to make your car teeder tot
Old 12-03-2003, 01:14 PM
USteppin

the car in his sig is a member of revtech racing: http://www.revtechracing.com/rrmembe...=profile&id=33