Notices

Fixing the car after the theft...

Old 12-02-2003, 11:33 AM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fixing the car after the theft...

Alright.....got all the dash parts....cheap too thankfully.

now, i need to do the ignition and steering lock. i realized last night they had the car if they wanted it....ignition was apart and stering lock broken. I haven't taken a real good look yet, but anyone have a link to (or can email me) a full breakdown of what i'll need to replace so that i can minimize the time w/ the car apart?

also, i'm gonna do the painting myself. I want to learn plus i have my own warehouse and all the tools through a relative....

any reference guides on wet sanding/preping and also places to buy honda paint? the pearl green clover is harder to match unfortunately(so i was told when i had it painted previously)

any info that you dont want to post for security of all our hondas, please email me scott@enflyer.com . we dont want any other little assholes knowing how to steal our rides:madfawk:
Old 12-02-2003, 12:05 PM
19.3secS2K
my bum is on the swedish!

well, I'll just be straight forward. Most people know the weaknesses, anyways.

Type R grilles are dangerous. Any grill should be supporded on the lower half on 6th gens in particular. When the assholes got into my ride, they disabled the alarm because I was too lazy to put in 4 screws when I put my stock grill back on. Most type R grills only attach from the top (the one I had did). You can easily move it and pop the hood by breaking the cable.

But even if they can undo you battery, they still can't get in without door locks. I removed the front ones originally because I was tired of bumping my elbow on it. When my car was broken into, they went through the third window on the side and opened a rear door. Since then, I've removed the rear locks as well.

as it stands now, they can't get into my car without power. even if they broke all the windows, they still couldn't open the door.

Typiclly, those lock-pop things don't work too well. Even then, there's ways of protecting the window from those. I've seen one civic with this plastic crap where the jimmy wouldn't be able to fit in. Haven't seen them for sale, tho.

another thing I did was put my stock radio back in, and moved my clarion unit down below by the cup holders. Hey, it beats looking at a gap, and I don't have to pay $30+ for the CX block off peice of $30+ plastic.

and then there's the common sense things......
Old 12-02-2003, 12:07 PM
19.3secS2K

oh, and the visor shades I'm getting will help, too.

I've heard of people prying the top of the window and unlocking the door. With vent shades, you can't pry the window.
Old 12-02-2003, 12:11 PM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

they pried through my window w/ no damage....

more than anything, just need better knowledge of what i need to replace in the ignition lock/steering lock without decapacitating the car and waiting for parts.
Old 12-02-2003, 01:51 PM
19.3secS2K

haynes manual
Old 12-02-2003, 02:26 PM
XScarAudio
///o\\\///o\\\

have one....read it.

always better to hear more from people who have had the same issue b/c you never know what is damaged from a manual where they take it apart new.