Notices

Power window problem on 97 Accord 2-door EX

Old 12-01-2003, 02:45 PM
Threxx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power window problem on 97 Accord 2-door EX

The power window on the driver's side stopped working with a loud 'pop' sound the other day and start being freely adjustable by just pulling up or pushing down on the window glass. So my buddy and I took the door apart and noticed a thin steel cable laying loose inside the door. We then followed the steel cable to a large circularly shaped device that was bolted to the inside of the door. We took this device off, opened it up, and saw that the steel cable was off track and chewed up inside of it. When you press the power window button there is some sort of track that spins in either direction.

So obviously we need to replace that.

But my question here is would that be considered the power window motor or the regulator? I'm really not sure which one this is... I was going to assume it was the motor but I'm not positive.

Also, am I correct in assuming that this device will come with a new steel cable since our old one obviously won't work?

And lastly, where can I find one of these for cheap? New is fine, used is fine as long as it fits perfectly and works perfectly... just need a cheap fix.
Old 12-01-2003, 02:54 PM
Threxx

Oh, and also... I was looking at carparts.com and the one they list is for the 4-door Accord... do they use the same motor/regulator?
Old 12-01-2003, 11:02 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got to autozone lifetime warranty, learn from my mistake dont buy cheap stuff like the window regulator/power kit.
Old 12-02-2003, 07:35 AM
Threxx

OK well thanks for the info, but can anyone please tell me which part I need? I'm not sure what I desbribed above is called.
Old 12-02-2003, 11:11 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

u said it spins, that means the cable is broken u need the entire kit about $120 with lifetime warranty or $50-60 3months warranty. that something i hate about honda the freaking windowssss so slow and the cable that makes the window go down and up brakes. funny thing only front windows are slow.