Notices

expire insurance card

Old 11-30-2003, 10:13 PM
vteccoupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default expire insurance card

ok i have a 93 coupe n i have a expire insurance card but waiting 4 the new one 2 come in, can i still drive my car?? it will come up in the computer that i am still insured right? please someone let me know dont want my car to be towed away!! i must have my car on the road 24 /7 im a very busy person thanxz
Old 11-30-2003, 10:23 PM
93HybridCX
Beast from the East

As long as you have insurance it doesn't matter, you can drive it till your new card comes in.
Old 12-01-2003, 12:08 AM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

Yeah, they will ticket you and possibly tow your car, but you won't have to pay a fine, when you show the court that you were insured, you'll probably still have to pay the towing fee though.

Your mileage may vary.

Having expired insurance, is like having no insurance, how is the officer supposed to know that you renewed?

Either go to your local agent and have them print you up one, or call your agency and have them fax one to you somewhere.

It's worth the hassle to avoid a greater hassle.
-PHiZ
Old 12-01-2003, 05:48 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You can usually have them email you the card too. I have USAA and they emailed me a .pdf version of the card the day I got my other civic insured so I could drive it.

hih
Old 12-01-2003, 06:55 AM
Section8Blammo
Crazy Canoodler

Don't know what it's like in Jersey but in Ohio, they sent me on my way with a note to include a copy of my insurance card when I sent in the ticket. That was back in 99 but the way laws take so long to change, I don't think you have much to worry about. The important thing is there is no lapse in your policy coverage.
Old 12-01-2003, 05:49 PM
vteccoupe

i have sentry insurance, but the officer can look it up on the compuiter right?? so i should just wait 4 the card to come??
Old 12-01-2003, 06:02 PM
mitsurugi

Originally posted by westcoaststyle
You can usually have them email you the card too. I have USAA and they emailed me a .pdf version of the card the day I got my other civic insured so I could drive it.

Same here. You might want to try that with your insurance company.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:17 PM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

Ah, I didn't even think about email, how hight-tech. Look it up in what computer? The insurance company computer??? The cops have access to DMV records, and maybe NCIC if they're really tied in.

-PHiZ

Save yourself a potential hassle, handle ur bidness.
Old 12-01-2003, 06:20 PM
dantastic
cx power!

i know in cali, if you dont have the proof with u, they make u show them at a court date. $5 processing fee. u dont need the insur. card unless u get pulled over. planning on getting pulled over soon? btw i ive been pulled over w/ an expired card before. i just told the cop that i left the new one at home. he didnt trip at all
Old 12-02-2003, 12:38 PM
vteccoupe

ok guys thanx alot im gonna tell them to email me the new one thanx guys !!!! and around here if a cops see a "civic" they think " oh shit we got one" and start ****in us over with tickets n shit welll anyways thanx