Notices

blown shock suggestions

Old 11-30-2003, 09:34 PM
strykernyc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default blown shock suggestions

hey yo!, i just got back from mass and i drove all the way with a blown shock i believe what it is. I notice that the problem has gotten worse, so now i think i really need to fix it but i need some suggestion first. i'm getting new schocks kyb agx and some coilovers in a month from now, should i go to autozone and get some and fix the problem before it gets even worse and what can posibly get damage because of the blown shock? keep in mine i drive everyday. and my last question is, Will this blow shock if it is affect the inspection? i'm doing inspection this week, is 3 weeks expire. thanks guys f DOT

nyc 96 accord 4 door just about to hit 75k . car is not drop:fawk: :naughty:
Old 11-30-2003, 09:37 PM
strykernyc

just in case, the blown shock is passenger side front only and sounds ugly makes the car look ugly.
Old 12-01-2003, 05:11 AM
Surfacing171
cb7 fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would just wait until you are ready to but on those AGX's, so you can save yourself some $$. A word of advice though. If you put coilovers on those agx's, chances are it's going to ride like shit. I have skunk2's on my agx's and I've already blown one of them.
Old 12-01-2003, 08:09 AM
strykernyc

ahhh now u making me think about it, my set is agx with some teins or something around same quality . my friend has it and it rides really good, the reason i want coilovers is so i can raise them up n winter for the snow if not i would get springs for sure.
another friend has agx with some other brand coilovers and it rides like chit. i think is all about the quality, i am willing to spend $1000
Old 12-01-2003, 08:37 AM
polakatl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

my tokico illuminas have awsome ride quality. Also have u looked into koni yellows. The illuminas and the yellows are meant for a droped car so they should last a long time. I have eibach sprongs with my setup and the ride is just great. I would think the eibach coilovers would be just as good.
Old 12-01-2003, 11:23 AM
strykernyc

kyb agx and eibach coilovers is what i want now, i just like them. what is ur drop? i have like 3inch or more gap space between, looks like a 4x4. what u recommend?