Notices

Navigator System in Europe

Old 11-30-2003, 07:41 AM
Redlegs3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navigator System in Europe

I bought an Accord with the Navigator system in April 03. In October 03 I moved to Germany. I have tried to find a way to get the system to work in Europe. I contacted Honda USA before I left. They said to contact Alpine. I contacted Alpine. They said it couldn't be done.

Once I got the car over here, I took it to a very friendly German Honda dealer. He examined the system and said it was exactly the same hardware as that installed in Accord sold in Germany. He ordered a European DVD for the Navigator for me to try.

I loaded it and the Navigaot said it could not read the DVD installed.

After some thought It dawned on me that since DVDs are for specific regions USA, ENgland, Continental Europe among them that the operating system for the Navigator was for Region 1? (USA) and the DVD which came with the car was also region 1. If the sysem in the German cars is the same hardwar, it must have a regiuon 3 (Continental ) operating system.

I asked the dealer to find out if there was a way to download the OS for the Continental region into my hardware. He was told it couldn't be done.

I found a we site that told how to input some codes that can make a home DVD player accept any region.

Another option would be for Alpine to load the European mapping data onto a disk readable by the OS used in the state.

Either way, I now have a System that can not be used and I have not been able to get any help from Honda USA or Honda in Germany.

Anyone have any idea where or how to get the european OS installed into my hardware?