Notices

problems with b16a2,...

Old 11-28-2003, 11:44 PM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problems with b16a2,...

aight guys,..i need some help,...its a 99 b16a2 ,...the car came to me in bad shape (im fixing the whole car for a friend),..anyways,...the car will start but the idle is somewhat high and stays that way even at normal operating temp,...it doesnt go up to 2k RPMs like when the car first starts up,..but the idle never goes down below 1k except for when i rev the motor,..then it wants to bog out and die,...and when you step on the gas somewhat quickly,..it bogs badly,..its like its not getting any fuel when you step on the gas quickly,..but when you step on the gas very slowly and gradually keep stepping on it slowly,..it actually revs up normally,..im getting one check engine code,..its code 6 and its for the ECT (engine coolant temp) but i dont see how that code would effect how the car is revving,...if anyone has any input,..please help,...all info would be greatly appreciated,..thanks
_______
Old 11-29-2003, 01:08 AM
Civic2Scooby

hey if you can figure that one out, I would love ya....it doesnt do it so much now but when I first did my b16a swap when I pressed the gas hard it would just about die and then if I kinda bleeped the throttle and pushed slowly it would rev normal....I played with the timing a bit and lubricated the throttle cable and working parts for the throttle body.
Old 11-29-2003, 01:30 AM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

Originally posted by b16aEGcivic
hey if you can figure that one out, I would love ya....it doesnt do it so much now but when I first did my b16a swap when I pressed the gas hard it would just about die and then if I kinda bleeped the throttle and pushed slowly it would rev normal....I played with the timing a bit and lubricated the throttle cable and working parts for the throttle body.
yea i think its the timing but since my boy borrowed my timing gun,..i couldnt adjust the timing tonight so i will see tomorrow
Old 11-29-2003, 03:43 AM
m735is

Wouldn't the temp sensor make the ECU adjust fuel map, causing a rich or lean mixture? Try cleaning the sensor, swapping another or replacing. Is the ignition good? (Plugs, cap, rotor, wires?)
Old 11-29-2003, 08:16 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is the throttle cable adjusted correctly? Is the TPS any good?