Notices

My car caught a cold :( Plz help!

Old 11-27-2003, 01:24 AM
KoDamAs

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My car caught a cold :( Plz help!

Tonight after i got off work it was cold. Cold enough the windows needed to be scraped, so i let my car warm up while scraping my windows. It seemed to be running fine while warming up, but as i drove off from the parking lot 2-3 minutes later my check engine light came on and the car started running rough. (putting sound like an old VW bug) The check engine light continued to blink as I drove down the road (slowly).

I pulled over and looked under the hood and checked my vacum lines, spark plug wires, oil dip stick, and the usual things. I even was able to unplug the battery to try and reset the ECU. There didn't apear to be any smoke of any kind coming from exhaust or leaking from anywhere. While under the hood and the car running it seem to run rough (had a lil shake to it).I got home and listened to the exhaust and it was either a knocking noise or a putting noise, but i really couldnt distinguish. It was dark with limited lighting so this was all i could do for tonight. Ill have to wait till tomorrow and check a few other things. Just thought i'd check on here first for any ideas.

A few things to Note about my car. 96 Honda Civic DX with a bolt on Drag 3 turbo kit, EX intake manifold, Walbro 255lph fuel pump, missing link check valve, and a few other minor goodies. This setup has run perfect for almost a year and a 1/2 now so is why im confused something would happen now.
Old 11-27-2003, 07:33 AM
Bakeoff
wooooo woooooooooo

did you ever check your codes, smart guy? You installed a turbo on your car, and you don't know how to check codes? :doh:
Old 11-27-2003, 08:06 AM
illicon2003

the turbo ragged you're engine..duh
Old 11-27-2003, 09:19 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally posted by KoDamAs
This setup has run perfect for almost a year and a 1/2 now so is why im confused something would happen now.
Parts go bad with age. Duh. :chuckles:

I guess you haven't checked the code? If the ECU looses input from an important sensor, yeah, the car will run like hell.
Old 11-27-2003, 07:07 PM
KoDamAs

Default Who's the smart guy :/

Originally posted by Bakeoff
did you ever check your codes, smart guy? You installed a turbo on your car, and you don't know how to check codes? :doh:
Tell me where i can check my codes at 3am at night smart guy. Also the turbo was a bolt on setup
Old 11-27-2003, 07:29 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Tell me where i can check my codes at 3am at night smart guy.
In the car. :slap:
Old 11-27-2003, 07:30 PM
KoDamAs

Default Wtf? Who's the smart guy?

Originally posted by Bakeoff
Hey buddy I asked for help.. It was 3am when I got off work. Tell me where I can check a code that late at night and I would have told you what it was or fixed the problem myself.

For your 2nd sentence, I really dont know what your point is Nothing since it doesn't help matters at all. Who let you post 2000+ post on this board with answers like that. I was looking for more of a "check your so and so" or "my buddy had this problem and it was..." Did you even read my post? Could you not tell I was merely looking for a few suggestions?

Yes, I installed a turbo and yes I should check codes. duh

And to the Genius that said "parts go bad, duh"... NO really? Thanks I didn't know that, let me just assume something is broken and start buying parts right away rather than hope it's something lose or unplugged, etc.

For everyone else curious of what my situation is ill keep you updated tomorrow when I have a 2nd chance at it.

btw Happy turkey day!
Old 11-27-2003, 07:31 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You put a drag kit on a D16Y7???

You wasted your money...

Check your codes: http://www.c-speedracing.com/faq/06.php
What they mean: http://www.c-speedracing.com/faq/05.php
Old 11-27-2003, 07:37 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

And to the Genius that said "parts go bad, duh"... NO really? Thanks I didn't know that
Obviously not.

At least I know how to fix my own car.
Old 11-27-2003, 08:03 PM
KoDamAs

Yes the drag is going on a LS project.. just need a hydro tranny and im almost set for the swap.