Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

Got wreckless driving, need help!!!!!

Old 11-23-2003, 11:41 PM
95TEGGY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got reckless driving, need help!!!!!

sup guys, me and my buddy were driving at night, we going over speed limit. At the next stop light i peel out and the lights go on behind me. The cop gave us both wreckless driving and so we gotta go to court. when my friend asked him if he could see radar, the cop got pissed and said thats not the problem so in other words he didnt have us on the radar. So do you guys have any advice for me. Have any of you been in this kinda situation and what did you do. We are thinking of gettin lawyer. And isnt wreckless driving twice the speed limit. The cop said that he paced us and though we were going about 60 but the speed limit is 35 so how is that wreckless driving. Anyways if you got any advice about what to do im all open for suggestions.

Thanks
Old 11-24-2003, 12:05 AM
H-Accord-22
Duh

paid the ticket? THAT IS WRECKLESS DRIVING. Shoot, you get cuffed and throw in jail if you went over 25mph in a street zone in my area.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:10 AM
95TEGGY

well thats the thing, we didnt get a ticket, there was no fine, he said it would be up to the judge. But he didnt have a specific speed on us cause he didnt raidar us
Old 11-24-2003, 12:36 AM
Nathan1234
Domestic Driving Asshole

Here you go. Washington state says:
http://www.leg.wa.gov/RCW/index.cfm?...tion=46.61.500
So, yes, if the cop says you were driving recklessly, you say "not-guilty" and he shows up in court to testify, you will most likely lose (and lose your license and have to pay $$$$). Get a lawyer if you think you have a case. If not, plead no contest and the judge will probably let you off (if you aren't a jackass who has shown up at court 5 times this year) with a conviction of a lesser offense, along with a small fine, a few points, and no license suspension.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:08 AM
fjm1
G35

Originally posted by Nathan1234
[plead no contest and the judge will probably let you off (if you aren't a jackass who has shown up at court 5 times this year) with a conviction of a lesser offense, along with a small fine, a few points, and no license suspension. [/B]
:werd:

You admit to speeding and you lit 'em up w/ a cop right behind you. Pay your dues.
Old 11-24-2003, 07:28 AM
FMOS Racing
Still Plays With Trucks

Reckless operation - a misdemeanor - doesn't have to be speeding, it just means in the officer's judgement you were operating your vehicle in a manner that shows disregard for the safety of others. It's a judgement call on the cop's part. Reckless operation is a big deal and if you didn't get cuffed and stuffed for it, count yourself lucky.

A good lawyer may get that reduced to careless operation, which is a normal moving violation.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:57 AM
95TEGGY

Originally posted by Nathan1234
Here you go. Washington state says:
http://www.leg.wa.gov/RCW/index.cfm?...tion=46.61.500
So, yes, if the cop says you were driving recklessly, you say "not-guilty" and he shows up in court to testify, you will most likely lose (and lose your license and have to pay $$$$). Get a lawyer if you think you have a case. If not, plead no contest and the judge will probably let you off (if you aren't a jackass who has shown up at court 5 times this year) with a conviction of a lesser offense, along with a small fine, a few points, and no license suspension.
yo what exactly does no contest do, and if i do that do i just get off without anything or what, is there any fine, or does it go on my record, does my insurance go up, im not sure i understand that, and this is my first time even getting caught by cops so im clean, im usually smart about driving its just this time it was bad timing and i got screwed. And ya we prolly are gettin a lawyer, does anyone know about how much they cost. Ya peeling out wasnt the smartest thing but he snuck up behind us so i didint even see the guy.

Thanks
Old 11-24-2003, 10:01 AM
infamous1se619

I have advice for you. be a man and take responsiblities for you actions for driving like idiots. why are you going 60 in a 35 mph zone? they put a speed limit there for a reason. next time think about what your doing b4 you run over a pedestrian who happens to be a single parent with 3 kids and think about the consequences then.
Old 11-24-2003, 10:43 AM
FMOS Racing
Still Plays With Trucks

A "no contest" or "nolo contendere" plea means that the defendant neither accepts nor denies responsibility for his actions, but agrees to accept punishment. It's exactly the same as a guilty plea except that it can't be considered an admission of guilt for any other purpose.

The penalty will be exactly the same.
Old 11-24-2003, 01:12 PM
95TEGGY

hey infamous if you dont have any advice then just stfu or post something useful. The fact is that im in deep s*it so ur smartass comments arent really doing any good. And i never said i went 60 in 35, thats what the cop assumed. Anyways FMOS so if i do no contest would that mean i would prolly have to pay a big ass fine or something?

Thanks