Notices
Vehicle Classifieds Cars for sale only.

[SOLD] 2008 Honda Civic SI Turbo Wilwood Polk/Kicker/Focal 450hp Richmond, VA

Old 09-28-2013, 09:59 AM
bobtms

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [SOLD] 2008 Honda Civic SI Turbo Wilwood Polk/Kicker/Focal 450hp Richmond, VA

+++ SOLD! Thank you! +++

Year: 2008
Make: Honda
Model: Civic SI Turbo
Mileage: 35000
VIN: (Available upon request)
Location of Vehicle: Richmond, VA

2008 Honda Civic SI Red / Black interior turbocharged by Swift Racing Technologies (SRT)
o Engine Type: K20Z3
o Gearbox Type: 6 speed close-ratio manual transmission
o Exterior Paint Color: Habanero Red
o Interior Trim: Black Suede
o Cruise Control
o Remote Control Alarm System
o Electronic Climate Control
o Moon roof

Also included with the car are the following installed options and upgrades
o Powertrain at >400whp on 93octane gas with supporting modifications
+ SRT Complete Ultimate Turbo Package
> Stainless steel Tubular Manifold and full turbo-back 3" exhaust w/resonator, test pipe and mirror-polished muffler
> Large Intercooler & fully polished IC piping
> 4 Layer Silicone Couplers
> 1,000cc Injectors with Plug and Play connectors
> SRT Injector P'n'P Harness (for easy installation without the hassle of cutting and splicing wires)
> Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump
> Tial Q Blow-off Valve
> NGK BKR9EIX Spark Plugs
+ Hondata FlashPro
+ Competition Clutch Stage 4 clutch and lightweight Aluminum Flywheel
+ AEM Wideband O2 Sensor with digital gauge
+ SRT CNC machined Dual Gauge Pod Holder
+ Blitz SBC-iD Spec R boost controller, custom tuned by SRT
+ Blitz FATT Turbo Timer
+ Hondata & 4bar MAP sensor
+ Boomba Motor Mounts
o Wilwood big brake kit (BBK) for both front and rear
+ Ultra light aluminum hats
+ Slotted and cross-drilled rotors
+ Superlite aluminum calipers
+ Motul 600
o Volk RE-30 ultralight wheels with carbon fiber center caps
o 235/40/zr18 Michelin Pilot Sport tires
o Custom competition audio, professionally and immaculately installed
+ 2 x Focal amps
+ 1 x 10" Kicker Solobaric subwoofer
+ Polk Audio front/rear components w/ tweeters
o Tinted windows including sunroof
o Fresh Virginia state inspection (April 2013)
o Fresh oil change (Mobil 1 full synthetic + Bosch premium filter only 50miles ago)
o Set of modification and maintenance records (partial, but approximately 1" thick / 2 lbs worth)
o Set of original OEM Honda documents (e.g. owner's manual, CD/Stereo guide, service & maintenance guide, warranty information booklet)

Excellent functional condition (9.9/10):
In short, everything works -- it is a Honda after all. It is super-smooth to drive, whether at 5mph, 55mph or 155mph. SRT dyno'd it at 390whp on 93octane (see video on YouTube) before the boost was raised another another 1.5 psi 410whp. The latest kit and boost/ECU settings from SRT offer 440whp (see their website), but I haven't been back to have the car re-tuned. We run it on low boost (8psi) setting and it is still "dramatic" on the street, though SRT pre-programmed the boost controller for higher boost (still 93octane) that only requires a button touch. You can get a sense for the car's street performance by reviewing SRT's other Civic SI Turbo videos on YouTube.

The steering is perfect (immediate, precise), suspension is excellent (taught), brakes are very good (pads >75% remaining, rotors >80%). Ball joints fine, wheel bearings fine. Engine starts fine in all conditions, runs mostly like stock under normal driving -- the car is very mild mannered while cruising around town, but the turbo dramatically changes the car's character after 1/3 throttle. The exhaust is very quiet at lower rpms, but becomes audibly angry and sounds fabulous over 3500rpms, pulling hard to redline. It does require slightly more throttle to launch car than one might expect, as the lightened flywheel and stage 4 clutch require above average skill, but is forgiving and surprisingly light and most importantly, does not slip -- my girlfriend managed it well after a little practice and found it tolerable, even in Washington D.C. traffic. The manual transmission has no grinds, and shifts precisely and quickly in all gears at all rpms. No overheating. AC works well. Volk RE-30 wheels in good condition with minor curb rash but no bends, tires are approximately 50% in the front, 70% in the rear -- enough for another couple of years of reasonable use. No vibrations at speed. Tracks straight, brakes straight. Windows open and close properly and do not leak water even when pressuring washing the car. CD player and changer work amazingly well -- the sound system is well balanced, has great tonal accuracy, sound stage and imaging, not to mention tons of power. I would not hesitate to drive it 3000miles cross-country as it is today -- it needs nothing. If I were to make any changes to the car, I would consider getting a stronger (higher CCA) battery as the car starts fine, but the battery turns the engine over a bit more slowly than I prefer, even though it's worked fine and the same way for the past 3 years.

Good cosmetic condition (8.5/10):
Seductive and gorgeous! The paint is glossy, deep and gorgeous. Minor scratches, a few small dings and a scrape on the right rear where someone bumped into the car while it was in a private parking lot. I thought about replacing the rear bumper to make it perfect again, but since it is the original bumper (matching VIN stickers), anyone can see how minor this incident was and the car is probably worth more as it is than repaired -- I can have it fully repaired for $600 if desired. Clean CARFAX and no known accidents. No rust nor indication that it has ever seen snow or salt. Seats are very good with low wear on bolsters. Most would consider it excellent or nearly new, but a car show judge would spot a few marks and mild wear on the carpets and seats. Still smells like factory. Never been smoked in.

History:
I am a high-performance driving instructor -- I have owned and raced a half-dozen Honda/Acura cars including an ex-Peter Cunningham. She has moved on to motorbikes (!) and we opted to sell this car -- it is still in her name. I've procrastinated letting it go, but have a half-dozen other sports cars and I need to make room in the garage for another car project I recently started.

Liens or other claims:
None. The car free of any liens, taxes or other claims. We have the clean title in-hand.

Spare parts:
I am willing to make a deal to the buyer of the car for some or all of the remaining spare parts we have acquired, but never used, for this car. We can review your interests and transport options (some items are large) and determine a fair price. Such parts are being offered for sale elsewhere, but may still include:
o Motul 600 fluid (new)
o Extra sets of Wilwood rotors (new)
o Porterfield R4 and R4-S brake pads (new)
o Spare oil (new)
o Dealer shop manual

Comparative Pricing:
My asking price is only slightly higher than the Kelley Blue Book (KBB.com) value, despite the $15,000+ in performance and audio upgrades!

Closing thoughts:
I welcome questions and in-personal inspections, but you must be able to demonstrate identification and financial means to purchase the car prior to test driving it. I am also willing to submit the car to a PPI at a location of your choice. I have done my best to represent the car accurately and minimize your risk through disclosure -- please have confidence.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]84469[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84470[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84471[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84472[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]84473[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails [SOLD]  2008 Honda Civic SI Turbo Wilwood Polk/Kicker/Focal 450hp Richmond, VA-dsc_1552-2-.jpg   [SOLD]  2008 Honda Civic SI Turbo Wilwood Polk/Kicker/Focal 450hp Richmond, VA-dsc_1473-2-.jpg   [SOLD]  2008 Honda Civic SI Turbo Wilwood Polk/Kicker/Focal 450hp Richmond, VA-dsc_1573-2-.jpg   [SOLD]  2008 Honda Civic SI Turbo Wilwood Polk/Kicker/Focal 450hp Richmond, VA-dsc_1509-1-.jpg   [SOLD]  2008 Honda Civic SI Turbo Wilwood Polk/Kicker/Focal 450hp Richmond, VA-dsc_1499-1-.jpg  

Last edited by bobtms; 10-04-2013 at 02:12 PM. Reason: sold car - thank you!