Notices

steam cleaning interior/seats?

Old 07-21-2002, 08:54 AM
PatrickGSR94
I'm not a n00b!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default steam cleaning interior/seats?

My mom has a steam carpet cleaner that I have used on my floormats, trunk carpet, and interior carpet. It has worked pretty well in the past. I'm wondering if this could be used on my seats as well? The cleaner sprays a hot water/cleaning solution onto the area being cleaned, and then the vacuum sucks the water/solution/dirt out of the carpet. Would this be alright to use on the seats w/ the foam underneath, or would this be a bad idea? If I can't use it on the seats, what would be a good product to use on the cloth seats? I have a few spots on the sides of the seats (ink pen marks, stains, etc) that I want to get cleaned out. Any ideas?
Old 07-21-2002, 08:31 PM
pomansouth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok i did it to my g2 (old car) but if it like shrinks the fabric of your seats then its not my fault because i didnt use hot water and when you do it make sure to keep your windows down as much as possible so it doesnt stink your car up and for mildew and stuff like that. i didnt have any kinda problem like that with it but if you go into a store just crack your windows and that sort of thing. make sure to get as much water out with the vacuum as you can. if you dont really want to do that then you might want to try some hair spray on those pen marks and if that doesnt do it then go to walmart and get some upholstery cleaner and make sure it has a guarentee that it will take it out so if it doesnt work then just send the un used portion back and get your money for it any how that is just my 2 cents
steven