Notices

Horn NOT working in 1998 Accord LX

Old 11-02-2003, 05:54 PM
Rupert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horn NOT working in 1998 Accord LX

Hello. The horn on my 1998 Accord LX quit working a couple of days ago.

Does this model have a fuse for the horn? I have looked in the fuse compartments on both sides of the dashboard and in the fuse box under the hood - Do not see a fuse for the horn. Seems weird.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rupert
Old 11-03-2003, 09:55 AM
DriftKing

Check the relays/fuses in the fuse box under the hood. Its back at the fire wall on the passenger side.
There is a horn relay back there, it says in my helms its number 10, but im not sure if the book coincides with the actually numbers on the car. thats all i got for ya.
Old 11-03-2003, 12:29 PM
Rupert

Default I see the HORN relay. How do I...

OK. I see the Horn Relay. How do I replace it? Just pull it out? Do I need a special tool?

Sorry for being so stupid - never done this before!
Old 11-03-2003, 03:46 PM
DriftKing

Have someone press the horn while you listen to hear for a click inside the relay. If the relay is getting power, then you have to figure out where the power has gone too. ther might be a short as the wires get closer to the front of the car. Or your horns could simply be dead, a doubtful situation.

If it doesnt make a sound, The relay should just pull right out, it will give a little resistance, but be sure to pull straight out.

Find another relay from honda or a parts store.
Old 11-06-2003, 08:37 PM
Rupert

Default Horn /cont...

I checked the relay. I can hear it clicking when I hit the horn button on the steering wheel - so relay is OK.

I'm thinkin' of removin' the horn and hooking it up to the battery to see if it actually works. How do I remove the horn?

Thanks again!
Old 11-06-2003, 08:46 PM
DriftKing

Default Re: Horn /cont...

Originally posted by Rupert
I checked the relay. I can hear it clicking when I hit the horn button on the steering wheel - so relay is OK.

I'm thinkin' of removin' the horn and hooking it up to the battery to see if it actually works. How do I remove the horn?

Thanks again!
just crack the hood. remove the horn cover. Disconnect the plugs that go into the horns. Grab either a 10 or 12mm open or box wrench, Im not sure which off the top of my head. and then just play with the nut, (hehe) until it the horns are off.

To test it, just grab two wires and put the + on the battery to where the switch plugged into. If it doesnt make a sound, may i suggest upgrading to these?
http://www.susquehanna.com/susq/hella/85115.htm

Thats what i have. 118dB ear peircing madness.