Notices

weight distribution

Old 10-17-2003, 04:12 PM
integsracer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weight distribution

hey guys, im going to an autocross on sunday and right now i have my whole interior in the back stripped out. do you guys think i should put it back in for more equal weight distribution? i dont know if i want my car to be lighter or to have more equal balance. and should i race with the spare in the trunk ( for weight distribution again) which will be more of an advantage to me?
thanks
jon
Old 10-17-2003, 05:51 PM
Daniel

First of all, it depends on what class you are going in. What do you have, a GSR? With simple modifications, that would put you in DSP (D Street Prepared). DSP does not allow you to remove your interior, but will allow you to remove your spare tire. If you want to remove the interior, you will be put in a higher class where you will probably not be competitive. Is this a SCCA-sanctioned event?
Old 10-18-2003, 01:15 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

If I'm not mistaken, the weight split on Integras is around 60/40 front/rear. Taking weight out of the back will only shift the balance farther forward, but not by much since there isn't really anything heavy back there besides the spare.

If you are worried about it, find a local scale and weigh the front and rear of your car. That should tell you in a hurry what your actual weight split is.
Old 10-18-2003, 01:38 AM
integsracer

i have a gsr and there are no rules. its just a club event and we're out to have fun. i just want to know if i should make the car lighter by taking out the rear interior, or keeping the weight and having the car more balanced. ( which will help more )