Notices

My First Integra, need help.

Old 10-13-2003, 06:36 PM
axhammer
Canadian Icelander

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My First Integra, need help.

I just got my first car, a 95 integra RS, I got some problems that i need help with, it has 190km on it.

1) The engine coolant does not goto the middle of the gauge, inside it warms up normally and stops at 1/4 instead of the halfway mark. I did a coolant flush, the top hose is hot and the bottom is warm.

2) The injectors are noisey, I guess you cannot fix this one

3) If the valve lash has never been done on this car, would it damage the valve where it is seated

4) Is it possible for this car to never have it's timing belt changed at this KM's? A new water pump is a good idea?
Old 10-13-2003, 06:40 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

1. change your thermostat.
2. get new injectors
3. i dont know
4. yeah, anything is possible. take a look at the belt, if it is cracked or just old lookin, change it.
Old 10-14-2003, 07:11 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

1) The gauge isn't always that accurate. If it doesn't take forever to warm up, but just normally stays at 1/4, and doesn't overheat, it's probably OK. Top hose hot & bottom hose warm is good.

2) Don't replace them until you compare to several other Hondas. Maybe they're normal.

3) Maybe damage, maybe not. Adjust them & see how far off they really are. When I check mine, most of them don't need to be changed. Too tight = maybe burned valves. Too loose = noise but maybe no damage.

4) Sure it's possible. It's possible that it's gonna break this afternoon... The problem with inspecting the belt, is once the cracks appear you might only have a few hours of life remaining.
Old 10-15-2003, 06:59 PM
axhammer
Canadian Icelander

Thanks for the help. Only thing about the temp gauge is i don't want a closed loop in the ecm, running a rich mix, good for hp, but bad for engine clearances.