Notices

B16b

Old 10-09-2003, 10:26 PM
97greencivicex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16b

I found a B16B (civic type R) engine for 3800 plus shipping for the complete swap I was just wondering if there is any other sites or places that I would be able to find it cheaper but i know that the price is very cheap and it has less that 20K miles on it do u guys think that this is a good price or do u think i can get it cheaper
Old 10-09-2003, 10:39 PM
txhatch
I hate 2003 Noobs.

Talk to alllooksnnogo.
Old 10-10-2003, 05:59 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cheaper = less likely to be a good swap.

Seriously, I went cheap when I swapped and I got screwed bigtime. It ended up costing me more in the long run.

Get your motor from a reputable company even if it costs a little more. You will end up paying less in the end.
Old 10-10-2003, 06:34 AM
vtec28412

Originally posted by westcoaststyle
Cheaper = less likely to be a good swap.

Seriously, I went cheap when I swapped and I got screwed bigtime. It ended up costing me more in the long run.

Get your motor from a reputable company even if it costs a little more. You will end up paying less in the end.

Is hmotorsonline a good company? Thats where i`m thinking about getting my engine from.
Old 10-10-2003, 07:05 AM
incublinkus
JDM Fan Boy

everything I've heard is that they are a good company. Checkout Import Auto Salvage and Sohfast.com also
Old 10-10-2003, 07:07 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes, I've always heard good things about Hmotorsonline.
Old 10-10-2003, 08:11 AM
alllooksnnogo
Just another import lover

As westcoast said....don't go cheap!!!!! You will be sorry. Will you be going to see it before you buy??? If not then I'd be weary.....very!! That price definately sounds too good to be true and probably is. This is a rare swap bro and with rare comes big costs. I got mine at a good price but I still had to trade in my engine to the guy in order to compinsate and I might have saved a grand all things said and done. Thats pretty good. I would be a little weary of anything under $6000 CDN for this puppy. Under that and you can expect missing peaces or even worse, as SLACKER had the misfotune of finding, faulty parts. Might look good also but have they done compression test??? All things considered I think its too risky to go and spend that much money on something that not work right!!!! Spend the extra and go to a reputable company to purchase

I do love this engine. It works very well nad the Vtec is godly when it hits. Save your pennies and go with quality.

OR>>> Just get a B18C and save yourself the money