Notices

S7 dimensional gauges,...

Old 10-09-2003, 02:34 PM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S7 dimensional gauges,...

anyone here have the S7 dimensional gauges from AC autotechnics? a friend of mine has an SI cluster and he recently bought those gauges,...well he has broken the fuel and temp gauge on the cluster because these S7 gauges arent as flimsy as regular indiglos or reverses,...im not gonna attempt to put these on because im not gonna break a needle like he did,..any suggestions on how to get them on

and this is a serious question so please dont give me answers like "just throw those things away" or "one way not to break the needle is to not put them on" ,...he likes them and thats all that matters,..now he is just trying to figure out a way to put them on without breaking anything,...
Old 10-09-2003, 02:48 PM
ManInCamo
Old School Crew

:wopics:

if they are solid, and don't bend, then there's no way to get them on w/o breaking needles
Old 10-09-2003, 02:52 PM
NeverBX
Snootchie Bootchies!!

its easy the fuel and temp gauge is easy to pt on you have to make sure the needles are facing upward and then slide the face on from the top going down. it will take some VERY minor bending of either the gauge needles or the face
Old 10-09-2003, 09:48 PM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

Originally posted by NeverBX
its easy the fuel and temp gauge is easy to pt on you have to make sure the needles are facing upward and then slide the face on from the top going down. it will take some VERY minor bending of either the gauge needles or the face

are you speaking from experience? because these S7 gauges are nothing like regular indiglos,..they hardly bend at all,..ive done a couple dozen indiglo installs with regular ones but these are a different story
Old 10-09-2003, 10:12 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by ManInCamo
:wopics:

I think I know what you mean.

This kit is more than just an indiglo overlay, it actually has a solid piece that covers the light to give it the effect... I have no experience with this particular set, but I wouldn't risk breaking more needles.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 10-10-2003, 12:20 AM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

yea those are it,..i dont care what anyone says ,..i think those look hot,...my friend (the guy that has the S7s that i was talking about above) is giving me his ac autotechnic reverse indiglos since he got the S7s,...but he is telling me that he might not like the S7s as much as the ones he has now,..so he might give me the S7s instead....either way,..both setups will match my phantom series gauges better than my black faced SI gauges
Old 10-10-2003, 04:20 AM
NeverBX
Snootchie Bootchies!!

when i did my friends s7s thats what i did. you really have to be careful when you bend it. its really hard to describe how to do it exactly. i had to play with them in order to get them on.
Old 10-10-2003, 11:16 AM
WideBodyEK
Stage 3 Modified

thanks for the info,..somehow i got suckered into doing the install (being the installer for my own shop might be why :thinking: ) so im gonna go ahead and do it tonight,..if i break the needles,..its only 30 bucks from honda for a new gauge,...but im determined to do it,...hey if you have AIM ,..can you hit me up at itzjustacx ,...thanks
Old 10-10-2003, 11:19 AM
NeverBX
Snootchie Bootchies!!

my aim is jgdimitrius

im hardly on for huge blocks but im on at least for 30min at a time about 3 times a day, you can aim me if im on.
Old 10-10-2003, 12:30 PM
igo4bmx
CockBlockerator

i like it!! :bigok: