Notices
Featured Ride Showcasing some of our favorite vehicles.

Ride of the Month - 10.09.03 [SIGMA CHI GUY]

Old 10-10-2003, 07:26 PM
carta79
Life after death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

:jawdrop: Show & go yo! Hella Nice Ride.
Old 10-11-2003, 02:04 AM
SIGMA CHI GUY

What up fellas...I'm gonna try and answer each and every question that you guys had so bear with me...

The paint for the guage pod was bought at Pep Boys...they have a beige color that matches the color of my interior perfectly...

It is an I4, not a V6...well was anyways, now with the h22, its obviously a 4...

No its not for sale...

I haven't posted here for a little while just because I've been busy with stuff such as getting all the pics/info over to 94CivicEx to finish the feature...much props to him!... Anyways, I've been on this board for a while now and even though I don't post as often as I used to, I'm always around...

The power/torque numbers are as expected...BONESTOCK explained the loss at the wheels due to powertrain. Also, those numbers are pretty good since the h22 is 200 hp stock which means it puts down roughly 170 to the wheels if that and I'm basically getting 100 WHEEL hp with only 7 lbs of boost which is pretty dam good...(thanks to Jeremy Lookofsky who built the motor)...

The needles are stock...I only changed the out the indiglos to the reverse indiglos and left the needles stock since I think they looked pretty good against the reverse indiglos...

The ENTIRE swap from motor to motor build to labor to every last screw cost me near 15000. Yes, thats 15 g's! Its a crazy number but once you add up everything from motor, to motor work, to stand along fuel management, to turbo kit, to labor, and to all the other little things that come up...next thing you know, you're paying a lot more than you expected...but trust me, you want to do it right the first time...

I got my OEM honda kit (well front/rear at least) from HA-parts.com...

I'm waiting to get a boost controller before I take it to the track...7 lbs probably wouldn't do much for my 1/4 mile time but I'm sure 15+ lbs would...

And yeah I know I'm CRAZY for putting this much money into the car but I honestly, LOVE the 6th gen Accords as much you do and I was tired of people saying that the Accord just cannot be a fast car so I basically took my favorite car in the world and against what everyone said, made it into a beast!! :thumbup: It's been a crazy 6 months since December of 2002 when I blew my f23 with the FMAX turbo kit to July 2003 when I finally got my baby back. Now, the motor has nearly 4000 miles on it and is running cherry (knock on wood).

Lastly, I just wanted to thank all of you for your compliments/comments as they are greatly appreciated! This car has been one big ass project ever since I got it back in the summer of 1998 and I don't regret one second of it...

Shout out to Seedster (333) who has been with me EVERY step of the way! TeamX fo' life!!

Lastly (I'm serious this time) thanks again for all your compliments and feel free to shoot any questions any of you have my way as I would be more than glad to answer them!! Sorry for the long ass reply...
Old 10-11-2003, 02:10 AM
SIGMA CHI GUY

maffiososs - The color of the car is San Marino Red...peace!!
Old 10-11-2003, 11:16 AM
95TEGGY

may i suggest a carbon fiber hood and tinted windows, i love black with red. Ride looks very nice
Old 10-11-2003, 07:04 PM
tachy

as close to perfection as it gets.
Old 10-12-2003, 11:37 PM
RY2K
5 speed

hot ride y0!:naughty:
i need that same setup in my accord
Old 10-13-2003, 10:07 AM
95TEGGY

there is one on ebay, looks exactly the same besides the wheels and its a 3.0 vtec. 18k
Old 10-13-2003, 01:31 PM
forum95
I'm Cooler than You

Damn... Nice ride.
Old 10-13-2003, 04:14 PM
lukethenuke

that is a sweet ride, would be cool though if the stock v6 had that turbo slapped on it
Old 10-13-2003, 11:36 PM
SIGMA CHI GUY

They tried to slap a turbo kit on a V6 but the tranny on the V6's don't hold well at all and pretty much blows with any decent amount of added power such as a turbo...sucks for them...