Notices

Updated pics of my project HATCIE!!

Old 03-23-2004, 02:35 PM
ZiviCase10287
RacinMasonC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updated pics of my project HATCIE!!

I still need to make another chargepipe but that shouldn't take more than a few hours... as you can see on the last pic my own welding job and it says CIVIC SI

Also i went for the sleeper look and put the SMIC where the battery was and moved the battery to the hatch.

Let me know what you guys think.. it should be started up here shortly!!!!

Mason
Old 03-23-2004, 02:52 PM
incublinkus
JDM Fan Boy

your going to need some air flow over that intercooler or its not going to do much of anything...besides create a pressure drop in your charge pipes...
Old 03-23-2004, 03:01 PM
ZiviCase10287
RacinMasonC

whys that when other people run their intercooler like this?? also some don't even use an intercooler.

oh hey btw, thanks for telling me what you think about it....
Old 03-23-2004, 03:39 PM
WhiteRice

Is there hood clearance w/the intercooler right htere?

It looks good man. I've seen most people run those SMIC's down where the filter of the CAI would go, not in the bay. But if it works, it works!!!!

Damn I wish I coudl weld, it would make life much simpler!!!
Old 03-23-2004, 03:47 PM
ZiviCase10287
RacinMasonC

lol whiterice, welding is a piece of cake!!! i learned from my highschool shop class, i've also used a tig welder but i'm not as good as the wire feed welder

also i was going to run the SMIC where the cai goes but i would have to do major modifications to the IC and i just want the car running, its been 8 months since i started the project.. i figured why do it so fast i got all winter to do it!

oh yeah there is hood clearance, i made sure of that. hehe
Old 03-23-2004, 03:53 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

the guys i've seen run the smic where the battery was removed the headlight to get air flowing across the ic to cool and to help reduce heatsoak in the engine bay...on a daily driver that is not an option
Old 03-23-2004, 06:47 PM
ZiviCase10287
RacinMasonC

i don't get why it would matter? once i get a tube that runs from the front to the hole where the cai goes it'll be like a stock airbox except better cuz theres no battery in the way.. also i'll be making some kind of heat shile to block the heat from the engine.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:36 PM
AwwsChwA

That's a really cool setup! I'm scrounging up money to do the junkyard turbo thing this summer. I'll email you to pick your brain and get some details.

Random note...I've never welded before, but I've always wanted to learn. How long will it take me to become competent enough to weld piping? I'm a certified mechanic and I'm studying engineering, so I've got a good knowledge of fabrication n tools n all that junk.
Old 03-23-2004, 09:45 PM
incublinkus
JDM Fan Boy

hatch is cool, i like it. But seriously, why turbo it if you going to put the intercooler there? its going to soak up so much heat from the turbo and engine...it pointless. it will not cool your air at all...
Old 03-24-2004, 04:16 AM
ZiviCase10287
RacinMasonC

Originally Posted by AwwsChwA
That's a really cool setup! I'm scrounging up money to do the junkyard turbo thing this summer. I'll email you to pick your brain and get some details.

Random note...I've never welded before, but I've always wanted to learn. How long will it take me to become competent enough to weld piping? I'm a certified mechanic and I'm studying engineering, so I've got a good knowledge of fabrication n tools n all that junk.
get a hold of a wire-feed welder... non-arc welder.. and practice... i learned in maybe 3-4 days.. the first day all you heard was pop pop pop like a gun fire... lol it was great.. hit me up if you want more info on how to do the hmt setup

mpcase@charter.net or AIM - TeamDraZtiK

Quick Reply: Updated pics of my project HATCIE!!