Notices

A few Beginner S2 Questions

Old 09-13-2007, 08:11 PM
JoeBallz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few Beginner S2 Questions

Im new to the S2000 Scene so let me get started, i picked out a few mods id like to do based on some research from this forum, id like to see what you guys think and if you have any advice. Based on my research it seems that it is important to do a catback, intake, 4.77 gears, coilovers, and a nice set of tires/rims on the S2. As far as mods i was considering going with a Apexi N1 Single catback, AEM V.2 intake, and Rota Circuit 10 wheels. Now as far as coilovers, gears, and tires what brands do you guys recommed for the street (however this is my second car). Also what size wheels and tire size do you recommend? Also i was considering a header but the gains do not seem great and i cannot justify spending 1300$ for 5whp when i can put that money into suspension or wheels and tirees. Im not going to lie im not rich so keep everything within modaration. Thanks for all the help and please dont tell me to search believe me i did just want to get some last opinions before i waste $$$. Thanks.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:36 PM
reech-around
RIP Woong.

my $0.02:

4.77 gears - i'd avoid these because of high revs at freeway speeds

coilovers - bilstein PSS9 or tein flex: mid-range coilovers that get the job done

wheel sizes: 17s for performance and ride, 18s for looks. recommend at least 7.5" wide in the front, 8.5" wide in the rear. front offsets at least +48, rear offsets at least +55 (depending how wide your wheels are and what width the tires are)

17" tires: 225/45/17, 255/40/17
18" tires: 225/40/18, 255/35/18
Old 09-13-2007, 09:55 PM
dubcac
I

1. No 4.77's if it's a daily driver that sees freeway time
2. No rotas
3. No intake

Coilovers, nice exhaust, nice wheels, front lip
Old 09-22-2007, 02:19 PM
NFRTurboTerror

Bolt ons make little difference on the s. If you do Intake and exhaust do it because you like the sound, because that’s about the only benefit you’ll get from it. Gears i would go with the 4.57 from ricks(if he is still selling them). Much better for hwy and not much slower than 4.77. If you want to know what its like to have 4.77 then drive around in 5th for a while. Thats pretty much going to be the equivalent of your 6th gear with 4.77. As for suspension work, most people don’t really like the aftermarket springs and just go with bigger braces, sway bars and cross members.
Old 09-29-2007, 08:10 PM
kuroikaze

Originally Posted by NFRTurboTerror
Bolt ons make little difference on the s. If you do Intake and exhaust do it because you like the sound, because that’s about the only benefit you’ll get from it. Gears i would go with the 4.57 from ricks(if he is still selling them). Much better for hwy and not much slower than 4.77. If you want to know what its like to have 4.77 then drive around in 5th for a while. Thats pretty much going to be the equivalent of your 6th gear with 4.77. As for suspension work, most people don’t really like the aftermarket springs and just go with bigger braces, sway bars and cross members.
Bolt ons for this car is a waste really. The brands that do make power are slight in which you will be paying a premium for. Good luck and happy modding!