Notices

Buying an S2000

Old 05-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Black Ack
Black Acura Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying an S2000

I'm going to look at some S2000's next week. The one at the top of my list is a year 2000, Silverstone Grey with 22,600 original miles. The only additions to it are ground control coil overs, comptech sway bars, rear lip spoiler and BBS LM wheels. The guy is asking $18900 for it. Does this sound like a fair price? The carfax is clean, and kelly blue book says $17500 with premium wheels (which only adds about $300 over regular wheels.) Also, what are some typical S2000 issues or querks that I should look for when buying one, or expect in the future? Thanks everyone.
Old 05-10-2007, 05:54 PM
cookiecrips

I would also like to know this. I have heard they have some quirks like all cars but would like a good idea of what they are if I get one. I am looking for a black 03 model about the end of summer.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:36 AM
jlammy
w00t

Umm.....premium wheels? I don't know. I have an 06 and they all came with the same wheel so I don't know if the previous models charge more for those. Also, you should have it looked at since he lowered it. Just make sure the frame and subframe doesn't have any damages because you never know if he really took care of the car.

The quirk about this car is that almost every mod made for it costs major $$$$

Team B.O.B.™ - Ballaz on a Budget

R.I.P Huan Vo 11-19-2008
Old 05-13-2007, 09:49 AM
Black Ack
Black Acura Driver

Originally Posted by jlammy
Umm.....premium wheels? I don't know. I have an 06 and they all came with the same wheel so I don't know if the previous models charge more for those. Also, you should have it looked at since he lowered it. Just make sure the frame and subframe doesn't have any damages because you never know if he really took care of the car.

The quirk about this car is that almost every mod made for it costs major $$$$
The kelly blue book report has the option for "premium wheels" that you can put a check mark by, for a car with expensive aftermarket rims. And I'll definitely be having the Honda dealer thoroughly check out everything, and having a friend who does bodywork for a living doesn't hurt when checking it out either. But yeah, mods seem to come at a premium for this car, which is why I'm very happy that the rims and suspension have already been done. I have heard that the year 2000 cars had some engine problems. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Thanks.