Notices

All joking aside, for some reason I want to get an S2k.

Old 05-09-2007, 01:41 PM
Spec R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All joking aside, for some reason I want to get an S2k.

Many of you guys are basement regulars and know my overall outlook on cars.

Any Mitsu hater comments will be ignored

That being said...i'm seriously looking into trading in my white evo for a similarly priced s2000.

Reasons (not really in order) to leave evo and go to s2k:
1 evo is too racy to just drive around town. it really doesnt let u drive it slow.
2 even though mine has ran like a champ, theres that overlooming possibility of a transfer case/front diff failure or some other sort
3 my driver abilities arent a match for the car at its limits (aka i'm too scared to push it)
4 not exactly a rewarding drive, since you're worried about being arrested
5 mitsu dealer service :thumbsdown:
6 parts wear much quicker aka clutch/brake pads etc
7 driving the s2k just around town is very rewarding, no fear of arrest
8 the shift feel/naturally aspirated nature of the car is unparalled
9 VTAK
10 honda dealer service is much more pleasant
11 parts/accesories are much cheaper for s2k
12 easy as hell to work on s2k...evo isnt rocket science though
13 resale value is higher for s2k

Reasons to keep evo over s2k:
1- space - i'm a big guy. big and tall. i can barely fit in the passenger side, but driver side wasnt so terrible.
2- cup holders/glove box/etc etc
3-less power/torque
4-blind spots are teh suxor in s2k
5-evo = more stable in inclement weather
6-less road noise
7-much more mod friendly

thats it for now
Old 05-09-2007, 01:48 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

What ever you do man, I support it :hugglez:

FOB Love
Old 05-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Spec R

Originally Posted by RicoD
What ever you do man, I support it :hugglez:

FOB Love
lol FOB love for life!!
Old 05-10-2007, 05:50 PM
cookiecrips

The evos are nice and very fast but I drove an 06 s2k and I have to say it didnt feel as fast but I got to 100mph without it breathing hard. I say the s2k and evo are close in speed. I drove an evo and was really suprised at how well they do cruise but I could see you reasons for selling it. For me an 18 year old the insureance on the evo would be 3500 every 6 months while the s2k is only about 1900. And when I do get an s2k they minght as well go ahead and give me a ticket at the dealer because I was cruising it in 6th gear doing 60 in town and didnt even notice so it will happen with either car. Thats just me though
Old 05-11-2007, 12:43 AM
jlammy
w00t

I am not sure where you're from, but if you're in SoCal....having a higher HP car means dick since you'll be side by side with the rest of us on the 5, 405, or 55....depending where you are....maybe the 101 or the 110 if you're closer to LA.

I honestly like the S200 because it's easy to drive....gas efficient...and it's a Honda....so it will last you almost forever. The con is that it's not made for a big guy. If you can barely fit in it then I don't recommend it since you want to be comfortable for those work commutes. The S2000 also has very crappy view when you have the top up. A simple convex mirror add-on solves that, but it's really a matter of how comfortable you feel

Team B.O.B.™ - Ballaz on a Budget

R.I.P Huan Vo 11-19-2008
Old 05-11-2007, 07:37 AM
Spec R

Originally Posted by cookiecrips
The evos are nice and very fast but I drove an 06 s2k and I have to say it didnt feel as fast but I got to 100mph without it breathing hard. I say the s2k and evo are close in speed. I drove an evo and was really suprised at how well they do cruise but I could see you reasons for selling it. For me an 18 year old the insureance on the evo would be 3500 every 6 months while the s2k is only about 1900. And when I do get an s2k they minght as well go ahead and give me a ticket at the dealer because I was cruising it in 6th gear doing 60 in town and didnt even notice so it will happen with either car. Thats just me though
7000 a year for insurance is freagin crazy!

I pay just over 2000 for full coverage on both the 240 and the evo. i heart eddie

Originally Posted by jlammy
I am not sure where you're from, but if you're in SoCal....having a higher HP car means dick since you'll be side by side with the rest of us on the 5, 405, or 55....depending where you are....maybe the 101 or the 110 if you're closer to LA.

I honestly like the S200 because it's easy to drive....gas efficient...and it's a Honda....so it will last you almost forever. The con is that it's not made for a big guy. If you can barely fit in it then I don't recommend it since you want to be comfortable for those work commutes. The S2000 also has very crappy view when you have the top up. A simple convex mirror add-on solves that, but it's really a matter of how comfortable you feel
very good input, thank u sir
Old 05-15-2007, 08:35 AM
woong

Originally Posted by jlammy

you have a s200? kek yea but jimmy, the evo has more torque so in traffic its easier to cut people off, and stop being a pussy and drop the top and you'll have no blind spots

ramen?
Old 05-15-2007, 08:38 AM
Spec R

yeah i washed and vacuumed the car the other day and was like "why do i want to get rid of this again?"

it was me just being fickle.

i'll repost in here after i drive eddie's car again.
Old 05-15-2007, 09:05 AM
reech-around
RIP Woong.

ha. just keep it dude grass is always greener!
Old 05-15-2007, 09:09 AM
woong

Originally Posted by reechy
ha. just keep it dude grass is always greener!
lol it is, but i shouldnt have been stupid and bought the g35 back in 04, no freaking parts fit the 06 s2k