Notices

Going from wrangler to s2k for college, maybe

Old 06-27-2015, 05:29 AM
Dom1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going from wrangler to s2k for college, maybe

Good morning all: over the last year, I've learned to drive a stick shift on my Jeep Wrangler. It has an l6 and ~200 lb feet of torque and 180 horsepower. This was an excellent car to learn to drive on, powerful yet reliable, but my perception of driving has changed considerably while owning it, from an off-road suv that sees maybe 5% of what it was designed for (off road) vs the 95% on road where it is not at home or fun to drive. The noise did not bother me, but the handling was atrocious (jeep, duh). Over that year I learned that I absolutely loved driving my dad's Porsche, and consequently, driving stick hard but responsibly. I will be going to college next year, and am wondering if a Honda s2k would be a good car (eg, as reliable as the jeep's l6) to go to the university of Florida with. Weather will not be cold at all so no snow, I live in Florida and the only treacherous weather I will worry about will be the rain and extreme sunlight and heat. Any opinions are welcome! By the way, another car I am very interested in is a 1988 Toyota supra turbo with tasteful mods but a rebuilt engine 10k miles ago, but I am concerned about reliability. Insurance is only 100$ more on the s2k than my jeep every year, I've already called progressive and checked. For all the people (I know there will be those) who say I am not competent, I believe I am able to respect a cars limits, and I am just looking for advice on the s2k from a reliability and drivability perspective at college.

S2k for college? Any other random thoughts? Anything you have gained while driving one is appreciated!