tafkamb2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine question

how much boost can a stock f22c take?
Old 07-14-2006, 01:41 PM
h22accord
155mph and still climbing

LARGELY depends on the tuner. I have seen 10+psi.

Someone correct me if im wrong, because I dont know if this is true but it sounded logical to me anyway. I heard turbos put too much strain on the engine. The engine isnt designed to make power until 6K. Most turbos are at full boost around 3500 to 4k. So for 2.5k rpms the turbo is straining the engine to make power where its not designed to do so. Thats why the superchargers work so flawlessly for the s2k(i personally havent seen ANY engine failures from them + they are backed by factory warranty), and most STOCK turbo s2k engines dont last very long(i personally have seen MANY turbo s2k engine Failures). Because the supercharger dosent build boost until the engine is rev'd enough for the boost to not strain it. Just my .02 But if its wrong sorry for the miss info and someone please correct me.

Also im not saying that superchargers are better than turbos... because lb for lb the turbo will ALWAYS make more power they are just more effecient. But for a STOCK s2k the supercharger is a more safe option IMO.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:47 PM
dubcac
I

A turbo puts no more strain on the engine than a supercharger would. Sure it makes full boost sooner, but any reliable tuner can make sure it's fine.

The first thing that is going to go is the clutch, followed by the diff if you drag race.
Old 07-15-2006, 11:19 AM
h22accord
155mph and still climbing

Originally Posted by dubcac
A turbo puts no more strain on the engine than a supercharger would. Sure it makes full boost sooner, but any reliable tuner can make sure it's fine.

The first thing that is going to go is the clutch, followed by the diff if you drag race.

SO why is it that with out much tuning at all the supercharger can give reliable power at 10psi. But a turbo needs SO MUCH tuning to even be able to run on an s2k at the same pressure with out blowing it up? Im not sayin your wrong but i fail to see the logic in your answer, and the guy that gave me my information tunes DSM's.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:18 PM
dubcac
I

Originally Posted by h22accord
SO why is it that with out much tuning at all the supercharger can give reliable power at 10psi. But a turbo needs SO MUCH tuning to even be able to run on an s2k at the same pressure with out blowing it up? Im not sayin your wrong but i fail to see the logic in your answer, and the guy that gave me my information tunes DSM's.

Why? Because the supercharger systems come with a piggyback fuel controllers that have been dyno tested time and time again. You pretty much bolt up the supercharger, plug in the electronics and go. Turbo kits don't come with anything like that. Most people just run an FMU which is a good way to blow a perfectly good motor under boost. If you want to turbo the s2k, you need a tunable EMS like AEM.