Notices

Selling the S2000

Old 01-29-2006, 03:57 PM
h22accord
155mph and still climbing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Selling the S2000

I have enjoyed every minute of owning my S2000. I have had a few problems with the rear end and such but nothing that couldn’t be fixed in a few hours. But the time has come for something more practical. Something with space to actually put people and possesions . So im buying something with in the 2003-2006 range. I would love to stick with Honda (its all I have ever bought unless it was just a deal that was too good to pass up) I really like the new 2006 civic si, to me its one of the best looking sport compacts on the road, They have come along way in 6 years with the interior and exterior. But I think that just like the s2000, the civic will feel underpowered and then be too expensive to modify, so I will be unhappy with it after a few weeks. So that got me thinking of more something more along the lines of at least a factory turbo charged vehicle and also probably AWD. The only ones that come to my mind are, The WRX/WRX STI, The EVO, and the new MazdaSpeed6. Are there anymore out there that anyone would recommend? Does anyone know about any reliability issues with any of the cars mentioned? I don’t really care for the styling of the cars in the VW Brand and I think that a Quattro Audi is out of my price range (I haven’t researched them yet though), which is going to be about 30K

Yes I still have my H22A accord, and even though it’s never broken down on me, I still don’t trust driving it downtown much less out of town. I also own a 99 civic dx with a partial si conversion (ie. si wing, gauge cluster, Built B16A engine) But it just feels so cheap, I cant stand the thought of going back to driving it everyday (one reason that the dodge neon is out of the question).
Old 01-29-2006, 07:01 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the evo's transmission is a peice, the STI's center diff is picky but the transmission stock has shown to handle 600+HP

if i were to choose of the two i would choose STI, with all those cats just getting a a better exhaust and a mild tune will yeild major gains.

if you spend 1500 on the STI you'll be in the 12's easy. you will make 300WHP with a piggyback or ems system and a catback with a tune on the stock turbo pushing somewhere in the region of 18 PSI.

as for audi/VW i wouldnt trust it.

if you plan on going AWD, go STI.

:edit:
also, if you're looking for something more practical but still generally powerful with plenty of room to grow go with the legacy, it has basically the same setup as the STI only it lacks that bulletproof transmission. it's a downfall, but i'd say you could stillg et a realtivly stable 300 wheel horse out of it.

Last edited by sherwood; 01-29-2006 at 07:03 PM.
Old 01-29-2006, 08:07 PM
AcuraFanatic

Originally Posted by sherwood
the evo's transmission is a peice, the STI's center diff is picky but the transmission stock has shown to handle 600+HP

if i were to choose of the two i would choose STI, with all those cats just getting a a better exhaust and a mild tune will yeild major gains.

if you spend 1500 on the STI you'll be in the 12's easy. you will make 300WHP with a piggyback or ems system and a catback with a tune on the stock turbo pushing somewhere in the region of 18 PSI.

as for audi/VW i wouldnt trust it.

if you plan on going AWD, go STI.

:edit:
also, if you're looking for something more practical but still generally powerful with plenty of room to grow go with the legacy, it has basically the same setup as the STI only it lacks that bulletproof transmission. it's a downfall, but i'd say you could stillg et a realtivly stable 300 wheel horse out of it.
Good advice.

To add, the EVO is a piece period. There's people on DSMTalk who used to own Eclipses that have bought EVO's, and crankwalk is still an issue. :rofl:
Old 04-10-2006, 09:49 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

Don't Do It!!!!