Notices

My thoughts

Old 02-05-2005, 11:49 AM
NX01
My first Honda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My thoughts

I’ve had the car for 6 days now and I thought I would right something up.

I guess I should start by saying that this isn’t my first “performance car”. Over the years I’ve owned an ’84 Z28, ’77 280Z and a ’79 280ZX. But they all pale in comparison to my S2k. The S2k seems to be a niche car and purpose built. It’s not practical as a daily driver with no real storage to speak of and the lack of two more seats. But that is not why a bought this car. At first glance it reminds me of English and Italian sports cars i.e. the MG, TR6, Aston Martin, AC, Fiat and Alfa spiders and maybe some late’50s Ferraris. The face is definitely Japanese that looks like a pissed off fish. The overall lines of the car are great very flowing and tie up nicely at the end. The tails lights are classic sports car there is nothing more simple (sexy) and functional as round tail lights. Upon driving the car I realized that I have never driven anything that handled as well. At first I thought there was something wrong with the car but I quickly realized it was me. The car makes you focus but in a good way you have to be conscious and precise with any driver input. But in the end that is what the car was designed do, make you feel the driving experience and truly come one with the machine.