Notices

help with code 1166 ...air fuel ratio

Old 03-16-2011, 01:02 PM
the bug

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help with code 1166 ...air fuel ratio

My daughter has a 2003 rsx and the dashboard emission indicator light is on. The car runs and idles fine. I thought it might be her gas cap was loose but alas that would have been too easy. My shade tree mechanic looked at it and said I needed to take it to the Acura dealer which is 1 hr. away. I called them and they said it will cost 583$ and 2 hrs. to fix. I read in this forum about an oxygen sensor and a MAP sensor. Is this what I need and do I need to just blow the day and 583$ ?
Old 03-19-2011, 09:02 AM
cruzalekz

u got 2 air fuel ratio sensor------easy to change but u need to get under car. also, on the code u pulled up,, it should tell which one u need to change, either the 1st afr sensor or the rear. if ur in san francisco, i can change it for u for 60 bucks.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:41 AM
the bug

thanks cruzalekz. I figured it was the primary O2 sensor so I bought one [$195] and installed it sat. Worked great and that irritating light is history! Took me about 30 minutes and the dealership was going to charge 1.5 to 2 hrs. labor. Maybe I have a future in automotive repair? Again thanks for your advice