Notices

Performance mods for RSX-S

Old 06-26-2002, 02:52 PM
<SIN>

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance mods for RSX-S

My Brother has an RSX TYPE S and i was wondering what kind of mods do you guys have on yours. Does Apex-i make the N1 for the RSX yet? what about intake and coilovers!!!!:thumbup:
Old 06-26-2002, 02:53 PM
<SIN>

ohhhhhh post pictures tooo if you have any!!!!
Old 06-30-2002, 12:15 PM
Shea-bird

there is just about everything out for the Type S now. DC sports is showing tons of support for the S with it's TCS exhaust system and other products. what kind of stuff is your bro looking to do to his car?
Old 06-30-2002, 08:06 PM
<SIN>

My Bro prob want springs or coilovers, nothing too slammed since he likes the way it handles stock he just wants to get rid of that Gap between the wheels, probably a Cold air intake, and a nice low tone exhaust, something on the lines of an Apex-i N 1.
Old 07-02-2002, 08:42 AM
chiwna_99

hey i think u shuld goto www.clubrsx.com they have alot of posts dealing with parts for the RSX
Old 07-02-2002, 09:00 AM
kris79
Owner of CEmotorsports

apex n1 is not low, its loud and deep. really really loud
Old 07-21-2002, 11:04 AM
mikEy type-S

yea i'd direct your brother to clubrsx as well. i learned everything i know about my car from that site. ordered most of my parts and joined in on a few group buys there. i haven't done many mods yet to my car but some are shown in my sig. if your brother is looking for a low tone exhaust i'd rec. the borla catback system. can't wait to get mine!:thumbup:
Old 07-21-2002, 07:43 PM
Nein
Racing Spirit

Default Re: Performance mods for RSX-S

Originally posted by &lt;SIN&gt;
My Brother has an RSX TYPE S and i was wondering what kind of mods do you guys have on yours. Does Apex-i make the N1 for the RSX yet? what about intake and coilovers!!!!:thumbup:
u can see my mod in my sig

i'd suggest you with good quality parts only. here i will list some

engine:

intake: AEM (i like AEM , they make good quality product), INGEN

Header: Spoon header, Mugen header, 5Zigen header (underdevelopment), DCsports header , all for 4-2-1 , 2 piece , don't buy 4-1 one piece crap.

Exhaust: Mugen exhaust (underdevelopment), Spoon N1 catback, Amuse GT, J's Racing Exhaust (anyone have enough money i'd suggest this is the must buy), 5Zigen Fireball (have this, it's deep and not loud, i like it), Buddy Club Racing Spec III. .....magnaflow ? sorry never heard of it

Cam : Toda , Mugen , Spoon ps. according to Toda, the type R cam scrab the type S engine, if you want more info give them a call

Throttle body: Spoon

Suspension:

Mugen , Tein , Eibach (this is as far as i'd go, they are not best but they are pretty good , i have eibach springs myself and it does its job without compromising the ride quality, i'd change to mugen later)

sway bars & strut bars : Spoon and mugen .....some ppl think those bars aren't that important when choosing the brand cus it's just a bar , but no , they do make a difference.

Rims: VolkRacing (real expensive/ top of the line/light weight), SSR (expensive/ great quality), OZ (cheap/ good quality and pretty light)

Tires: Bridgestong Potenza series (RE040, S02 , S03), Falken Azenis series, Kumho Supra 712, Pirelli has some good tires but i m not familiar with them.

exterior and interior ? sorry i m not a fan of show cars.

brakes...how can we forget them? Spoon, Endless, Brembo, Wilwood....there are other good brands but i can't recall the name of heh

Last edited by Nein; 07-21-2002 at 07:47 PM.
Old 07-30-2002, 04:19 PM
RsxS

I'd go with intake, a header, and cat-back. He won't be upset. I have AEM intake and I got a 15hp gain. I only have a muffler right now but my car sounds great. Only get the cat-back if you get the header though because you will be dissapointed with only the cat-back.